Hepatitis B Community
Question about fibrosis in Hep B ?!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Question about fibrosis in Hep B ?!

I want to know if you can see in the blood test results like protombine time quick, Serum protein electrophoresis, ldh , any signs that you have fibrosis (not including fibromax ) , or if the liver is functioning 100% till you have chirosis .thank you
You can ask your doctor for  Fibrotest. That should be able to tell you more. I had mine done at my new Hepatologist and it came back with a score of F0 (thankfully!) I am sure everyone will tell you here, to also have a Fibroscan done... should be reccommended.
I already have done the fibromax and I am waiting for the results. but I was wondering if in fibrosis f1,f2,f3 , I mean, instead of fibroscan, you can have f3 fibrosis and blood test results ok ?
Nothing is for sure 100% accurate but 98% result is correct if Fibroscan and Biopsy results are wthin 90-98 % range for fibrosis.  There is no blood test as such exist to tell about fibrosis.

protombine is nothing but just to let you know how much time it take to cloth back your blood/body.

Platelet and Alt can tell something about your liver. if you look at some comment made by studyforhope you can learn alot by what he says!
this month when I took my blood test I find out I have hepatitis B, my alt was 80 (<40) then after 10 days it jumped at 110 . I am very scared because I don't know for how many years I have it and I have both HbeAg and Anti Hbe positive .. and until the fibroscan and hvb dna I don't know how bad this is ...is scary because i'm only 24
Just be aware that fibrosis and cirrhosis can be reversed with proper diet and supplements. I think Stef reversed his fibrosis using supplements and healthy eating.

Also, did your Dr recommend treatment for your HBV?
I just find out about the virus, I don't know how serious my condition it is , I am waiting for my blood test results to come with fibromax and I must do a hvb dna viral load test. he says if my alt stays high, I should start treatment which is interferon I guess
I found out I have HBV in 2005. Must have got in at a young age. AT this time, my Dr did not do any follow up. Then in 2008, a different Dr did more follow up and refer me to a specialist hospital, where I did a biopsy and enrolled in a failed trail (cluvedine). Then I start ETV.

I know how you feel. This disease can consume you. I let it consumed me later in 2011. As long as you have no painful symptom, you are fine. Just follow Dr's and nurse advice. BTW, which country are you from?
well, it consumes me a lot you know, I don't know how can I start a family if I have this virus, it can go wrong at any time..I am from Romania,Europe.
And I read that you may have even chirosis and not having any side effects .this is a really bad virus
Dont worry just get the report and find a good Dr, there is cure if you believe and help your liver by right way of living!

You also need HbsAg in quantitative beside hbv dna, hbsAg is the one we need to clear all others number will come down with a little help from you and your Dr.

Done worry Jesus Christ Love and He will help you.