Question about test results
Hi all

I was diagnosed with HBV infection 2 weeks ago. The result of my first test: AST 68.7 ALT 186.4 HbsAg Pos Index = 8.97. And this is the test result after 2 weeks of treatment:  AST 54.2 (<40), ALT 42.3(<41), HbsAg Pos Index =  2.37 (COI < 1.0). I don't unsdertand the index number of HbsAg. Why 2nd 2.37 < 1st 8.97 ? What it means? With my  current health, Can I remove the virus from the body of me? I hope the doctor can answer my questions. Please!!!. Sorry for my bad english

When you said 2 weeks ago do the doctor say if chronic or not? If you got it recently 90 percent your body will clear it in 6 month but again that if it was acute also u need other info like hb eag is it negative or pos?
Thanks mike. I will ask the doctor about this for the next test. Do you know the index number that I said above? Why 2nd 2.37 < 1st 8.97? What it means? My body is always tired than 1 month so I was worried. Again, thank you so much
it is an ultra obsolete test from prehistory, probably elisa, useless for chronic carriers and with many false negatives because it cannot detect all hbsag types.the number is about reagents in the test and has nothing to do with hbsag

good machines for hbsag detection and quantification since 2000 are architect, siemens, elecsys.these must be used for hbv tests.the units for quantification are iu/ml, no other units

as to infection if hbcab igm (not hbcab igg) is negative you are chronic from birth, if positive you are acute and will clear slowly by 6-12months 98%

2 hbsag quantitative test at least one month apart will tell you if you are clearing because obviously if low and declining you are clearing, if stable you are not
Thanks stef2011. I was tired last longer than 1 month. It occurs in 2 knees, 2 shoulders and 2 elbows. And I also often dizziness. So I was worried about my health. What a way to treat my symptoms? How long symptoms for people infected with hepatitis B? Thanks
hbv has no symptoms at all, some with acute hbv make a lot of interferon and feel flu symptoms due to it but any infection has interferon production and those symptoms so just refer to blood tests
Lee, despite what stef said about not having symptoms, some people actually do have similar symptoms... myself included. My first clinical symptom from the virus was joint point. It eventually followed with constant dizziness. I can go on and one but I was in bad shape. I will say this, a lot of the symptoms are 75-80% better a few months after I started Tenofovir. I sitll get the occasional dizziness from time to time. I'd just suggest remaining active... walking/jogging will help a lot.
Thanks luckyman. I will do as you said. How long you are infected it?
Lee, I only knew about my infection as of July this year (around this time). I may have had it longer and not known. The only reason why I found out was because I had clinical symptoms such as yours, the drove me to the doctor... where they discovered it was active in me (but other numbers suggested chronic)
Thank everyone. I will share my results for the next test. Hope all good things will come to us all
Hi everyone

I want to share my results for the third test.

GGT 136.51
AST 55.68
ALT 54.58
AFP 1.29 ( <20ng / ml)
HBeAG NEG S/CO = 0.424 (S/CO < 1)
HBV DNA Taqman <=250 (<=250 copies/ml)
                            <= 2.40 Log10 (<=2.40 Log10)

With result above. Doctors said that now I just need to treat liver enzymes. No need to continue drinking the drug for hepatitis B. If lucky, it will disappear after 1 month.  Is it right or wrong? Can you please answer me about this? I still worry about my condition. Fatigue still occurs  makes me very uncomfortable

Thank you very much
Who can help me? Please!!!!!!!