Question regarding ultrasound and blood test
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, pleasure to meet you all.

I have hep b and recently took an ultrasound and blood test to do my check-up. It's been almost 6 years since my last check up because of not having medical insurance. Prior to that i've routinely did check-ups for my liver. My ultrasound revealed that I have a fatty liver (either from alcohol or fatty foods), but nothing else. I'm 31 years old but just bit anxious and nervous about my blood test results. My mother passed away from liver cancer, and just a bit on the edge that my blood test may reveal something. For the most my weight fluctuates but I do cardio exercises regularly and even though my drinking has increased the past 2-3 years(not binge drinking), i've also lost significant weight. I can confidently say that I won't be drinking any longer after my recent visit to the doctor. I know that ultrasounds are the main test for liver cancer, but have there been instances of finding cancer in the blood test when the ultrasound results are negative?
Ultra Sound is not the main test. You should also test your blood regularly
at least for   HbsAg q-ty, DNA q-ty, ALT. Also fibroscan Is needed to monitor cirrhosis.
The blood test for cancer is AFP but it is not a reliable predictor.