Re: Posting by Jerry4949
The following was posted on Aug 15 on an old posting that is about to be cut off the bottom of the list.  I (fortunately) have never had a drug abuse problem, but am hoping someone here can address him.

Hi everyone,
I'm new here. Been on Tx (pegasys) 16 weeks, was clear at 12 weeks. Have been slightly abusing Vicoprofen (7.5 Hydrocodone / 200 Ibuprofen) tablets for the last week or so. I took 5 during the course of the day yesterday, 3 the day before.
Could this negatively impact my unetected status? I'm a little woried about it. Would appreciate all opinions, knowledge.

Thanks, Jerry

Jerry, I am sure you know that you are heading down the wrong path, but aside from the hydrocodone, you need to watch the ibuprofen.
It depends on why you are taking the Vicodan, if it is for genuine pain, then 5 is not horribly overdoing it, but if its for the buzz, then you know that is not a good thing to do while trying to heal your liver.  It wont bring the virus back/chg your undetectable status.  Sometimes we do stupid things when we get sick an tired of this treatment, making ya feel like **** all the time.  But try like hell to be good to your body K?  my 2 cents worth!  
I would say if you are asking you probably realize you have a problem. I think 5 in a day would have to be for some pretty severe pain if you're not used to taking them. Since I was just prescribed some by my liver doctor, I assume they aren't terribly harmful. I only took them when absolutely necessary. I didn't take 5 in a week, let alone in a day. I KNOW they will always get the best of me. I wish you good luck.
what do you mean slightly abusing. you are or you aren't. the dr will cut you off just when you are really liking the stuff. lynn