Hepatitis B Community
Re: Why Reinfection?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Re: Why Reinfection?

In 1999 I took a dose of Hep B vaccination but never told to follow up on the other two doses so I did not. In March 2011 I did comprehensive general tests and HBAg was negative up till then. I then took 3 doses of Hep B vacinnation over the recommended span but in Dec 2011 during a random test I tested positive to HBAg. I was prescribed an antiviral drug which I took for 12months then I went for the HBAg test again and it was negative. I was told to repeat the test 3month after to ensure it was still negative and then get the vaccination again. I did exactly that. Tested negative to HBAg 3months after the initial time and then completed another dose of Hep B vaccination which ended in Dec 2013. To my surprise during a routine general test last month (Feb 2014) I tested positive to HBAg again. I am now totally confused about what exactly is going on in my body. Please can you advise me on the next steps?
the machine is giving flase neg or false pos, is it abbott architect or roches elecsys, if not stop testing with the other machines

hbsag test only is not enough to define anything, you need:
hbsag
hbsab
hbcab igg
hbcab igm
hbeag
hbeab
hbvdna pcr
ast-alt