Hepatitis B Community
Re-post for cherry235 on Core Antibody question.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I am reposting this question received by PM.  Again, I don’t offer feedback by PM because the goal is to build a info base here on the forum.  Also, I won’t have ISP at home until early January ’09.  So I can’t attend to anything address to me right away.

Question:

Please HELP:

Hello stevenNYer, hope you're doing well.
I hope you can help me with this question in my mind all night long..

If you test postive for Hep B CORE Antibody & {NEGATIVE FOR HEP B. "SURFACE ANTIGEN" & POSITIVE FOR HEP B. SURFACE ANTIBODIES, Which turned out to be greater than 1000.0 }  and are immuned, can you still transmit the {HEP B CORE ANTIBODIES} to your sexual partner?" Or does this mean immunity, and no transmission of anything?

StevenNYer Feedback:

You labs indicated that you are immuned to HepB by natural clearance of a past infection.  You Do NOT have HepB now.  Hep B Core antibody is an antibody to a specific part of the HepB virus.  You can NOT transmit it to others.