Hepatitis B Community
Regarding HBV DNA quantitative test results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Viewing 201-305 comments:

HB Core IgM -ve
cronic (chronic) probably since birth or very young

GBT 22 ( normal range is between 0--47)
GOT 23 ( normal range is between 0--37)
HBV DNA Quantative by (TaqMan) > 170000000

immune tollerant, best hbv cronic (chronic) status, no damage

A hepatologist advised with Baraclude .5 mg for 3 months and do the PCR test again , is it OK for time being or Not ?

no you must not be treated because immune tollerant, do change hepatologist both choices of drug and status are wrong

monitor liver damage by fibroscan and ast/alt.when ast/alt startes to rise, firboscan rise to more than 7kpa and hbvdna starts to go down it means immune system is activating, at that time you may go on:

tenofovir (not entecavir), if hbvdna still detactable in 6 months add on entecavir and follow hbsag quant in iu/ml.after 2-3 years on this therapy add on interferon to antivirals and monitor hbsag until negative and hbv is cleared for ever

do not treat while immune tollerant because no drugs work without immune response and you may worsen your condition
Thaks Stef for your fast response..
Actually I have already started treatment via Baraclude .5 mg , specifically I used it for 12 days , what is the status now ? can I stop it immediately or take it till the 3 months be finished ? ...

thanks

i d stop it immediately because baraclude makes resistance and in your case non response is almost certain with resistance development after 6 months because hbvdna will not get undetactable by six months

tenofovir use or entecavir+tenofovir could have made sense because at least they cross protect each other from resistance and may have chances but anyway immune tollerant treatment doesn t work 99.9% times and makes only damage or resistance with no salvage therapy possible in the future when you do need it

look also for a very expert liver specialist, the one who prescribed baraclude looks like dangerous and out of guidelines.he may not know hbv life cycle at all, hbv is not a "just take a pill disease", wrong choices like yours canmake much more damage than hbv itself and also keep in mind that most hbvers have no damage and no need of therapies
Thanks Stef for your efforts :)
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1440-1746.2011.06940.x/full

all phases explained here
Thanks Stef;

but is there any side effects from stopping Baraclude now and after using it for 17 days ? if yes how can I avoid it ?
what about the monitoring interval ? is it 1 year or less ?
would you recommend me a liver expert doctor in Egypt ?

thanks for your time and efforts :)

in 17days entecavir has not even reached steady blood levels, you can stop it safely, if you like you can check both hbvdna and ast/alt before stopping and if there is little difference you should have no problems
if you find ast/alt abnormal and hbvdna much lower then you d better keep entecavir and add tenofovir to it

sorry i dont know liver experts in egypt

thank U ;

I'll do the tests and update you accordingly :)
I agree with Stefan, except I think the liver condition should be known by now. Relying only on transaminases test could be misleading, don't you think? Or even with minimum damage it would still be immune tolerant phase?
This is when it's becoming little fuzzy for me. When does the immune tolerant phase ends? What if with normal AST and ALT, with high viral load there is some liver damage? Is it still immune tolerant phase?
Is it still immune tolerant phase?

ast/alt normal or near normal, bad diet and life style can elevate alt too and make liver damage too

hbsag quant, very high much more than 20.000iu/ml

hbvdna very very high in the millions

liver damage by fibroscan, less than 7kpa, normal liver less than 6kpa

if hbvdn is in the millions and hbsag very high no drug wroks because infected cells are not cleared by making alt elevated, it is much better to wait until alt are levated and liver is damaged, any fibroscan value less than 10kpa can be regressed fast by diet changes, vit d3 and heptech
i have little fat on liver .. does this increase kpa amount (fibrosis)?

yes it does increase fibroscan result as much as the liver fat content

for example my fibroscan was 9.3 and not decreasing in 2010 and after anti fatty liver diet/supplements it went down to 6.3, it was all fat content

fatty liver makes the same damage as hbv leading to cirrhosis and liver cancer as the damage increases, it also helps hbv to avoid immune system so you d better follow anti fatty live regimen, others had benefit in a couple of months from it

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/update-on-my-fatty-liver/show/1500346

i believe natural vit d3, natural vit E, fish oild with minimum EPA 1800mg – DHA 900mg x day and bitter melon+bluberries+black rice made the most
my reports r
hbsag elisa 160(positive)
hbv dna 132iu/ml
hbeag elisa 0.41
liver ultra scan reports al normal..lft is also normal..n i feel absolutely healthy..
i wanted to know if there r any chances of me being hbsag negative again..n if so den wats the treatment fr it??
i had taken hepatitis b antidote in 12 years ago,,,but since 2007 i have physical relationship(non-protected sex) with my partner,,he has hepa b(chronic),,,is there any chance of infections????currently i have mild pain in my right abdominal area
Hi Stef;

kindly find below results after using Baraclude for 19 days in immune tolerance phase :

ALT 32 out of 50
AST 24 out of 37
HBV DNA by Real Time PCR(Quantitative) 839750 Ui/ml ... since 19 days it was > 170000000
Waiting your usual Advise :)

never make elisa tests again, elisa is a useless test for cronic (chronic) carriers and too old to be still used today on hbv

to clear hbv you need a liver specialist and proper tests, abbott machines are the best to make antigen and antibodies hbv quantification

there is only one cure sequential treatment by tenofovir and then interferon add on, hbsg quantity in iu/ml is essential

do not make ultrasound to know liver damage, US cant detect liver damage but just liver cancer

hbv has no symptoms till death, only a fibroscan can tell if your liver is damaged or not

you are responding and can keep using it but you need to be absolutely sure your doctor will add tenofovir if hbvdna is still elevated at 6 months of etv therapy.if you can chosse whatever drug i d make etv+tdf so hbvdna will get undetactable very fast and after 6-8 months of combo you may use tdf only

be also sure to have resistance test for lamivudine and entecavir resistance before hbvdna is undetactable, these resistance mutations can be easily present even if you never had these drugs and can make etv resistance

for example i have a secondary mutation to lam and adv even if i never used these drugs and entecavir was not potent enough on me and so i comboed etv+tdf.
Thanks for ur advice :)

But what after 8 months or 1 year of Combo ? may it be cleared at all ? I mean HBsAg could be negatve ?

;)

no entecavir has almost no effect on hbsag, just like all other antivirals

but if you can make interferon add on after a long period of about 1-2 years with hbvdna undetectable youu have very high chances to clear hbsag

for interferon to work hbsag must be less than 20000iu/ml, hbvdna undetectable and alt possibly abnormal
Thanks Stef , Actually I can't understand how could entecavier supress HBV DNA and couldn't stop HBsAg ? I mean HBsAg is a result from the presence of HBV DNA ? right ?

So I guess if HBV DNA is disappeared then HBsAg could disappear as well , Please correct me if wrong.

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice :)

no hbvdna is just a measure of how drugs work, hbv life cycle is based on cccdna which produces hbsg and all antigenes and virions, cccdna is the virus template inside liver cells integrated in our own human dna and is not affected by antivirals but only by interferon.butinterferon works only when hbvdn is fully und and some immune system response is rescued this is why a combo tdf+interferon in sequence is needed

check older posts hbvdna has nothing to do with infection, infected cells and hbv life cycle
Ok Thanks

anyway you are responding good to etv just make sure hbvdna is less than 50iu/ml or possibly undetactable by 6 months of etv use, then just check if doctors can add on interferon in 1-2 years etv monotherapy

of course we have to be sure you have no pilerase mutants and no lam/etv mutants
hi Stef;

I hope you're fine , I hope that you remember me , I have just taken etv for 40 days but I feel a mild pain in my right side , is it normal to feel like that ?

is it frontal area behind the liver?if it is so it is normal, it will go away as hbvdna gets und and alt less than 30
thanks Stef , Yes it is this area .. is this meaning that there is a progress in the treatment ?

Thanks in advance
my hus
Hbs Ag is more than 200,
is it cureable, and  thyroid
plz any help to me.
thanks in advance

hbvdna has no range and no meaning as a stand alone test, you need to know hbsag,ast/alt and fibroscan to have an idea of your staus

hbvdna is not hbv virus, is not hbv replication and is not hbv life cycle, even if undetactable it means nothing to hbv infection and hbv replication goes on even if hbvdna is undetactable

I am HBsag positive by Cobas e411 reactive values 8180 and by ELISA 225.

HBeag negative ultrasound normal and ALT SPGT all normal doctor wrote me that u r healthy career and there is no treatment it would be eradicated automatically.

But I couldn't move to join new job due this problem plz help and suggets me any treatment to make HBsAG negative.

nothing availabl ein pakistan now but you can try email to replicor they have trials in india i think
My hep B test result as follow as on 22.04.2012,
HBsAg-Positive, HBeAg-Negative(Sample OD:0.064, CUT OFF VALUE:0.105), SPGT(ALT)-57 U/L, HBV DNA-239000 COPIES/ML or 47800 IU/ml
Doctor give me Entecavir 0.5 mg daily and after six month re-test. Is it right Treatment? I am in Bangladeshi Guy. Pls ans to me .

useless on hbv and not indicated at your age unless you have liver damage

consider that many doctors are corruped by drugs companies to sell drugs to all, antivirals do not cure hbv so they should be prescribed only in case of liver damage, old age, liver cancer high risk

entecavir is also expensive and not the most potent antiviral on hbv, i bet your doctor did not checked liver your liver damage.....if you have no liver damage by fibroscan i d wait for hbv cures which are close to market
Hello, i'm 40 years old HB carrier (since age of 15). The most recent test results:
AFP 1.9
HBVDNA Copies:  5,739, 923    Copy/ml
HBVDNA IU/ML:       986, 241   IU/ML

Should I start taking Baraclude?
Thank you in advance for your advise.

as posted already hbvdna is useless to determine use of antivirals, antivirals are good only to limit/block liver damage but if there is no liver damage they are useless.check liver damage first

the only drug with hbv clearance is sequential treatment with tenofovir and intf add on but hbv cures are close so if you have no liver damage you better wait for real hbv cures
My date of birth is 30.11.1981. 31 years old.
In Bangladesh HBV Cures medicine available or not? In this connection I have no symptom of liver deases. Two week ago before start vaccination i knew that HBsAg Positive. Then i go to the doctor & test as mentioned. Please suggest me what can i do? My date of birth is 30.11.1981. 31 years old.
.Hi,

I got diagnosed with Hep B in 2010. It was in inactive stage at that time. I took it lite.(Anti HBE1.3) I got tested it again 2012. It was still in inactive stage.But (Anti Hbe .3.20)

Can you explain me - diffence beetween about Antihbe - my situation and what I need to overcome it?

Please advice me - further secure steps.
.
Hello! Help me please!
HBV-DNA (pcr real-time) 2580.0 Ul / ml.
its good or bad?
Hi Stef;

I am male (41 yrs) , I got diagnosed with HBV during blood donation test in 15/05/2012 below is my results:
HBsAg  250 IU/ml

ALT,AST all normal doctor wrote me that u r healthy career and there is no treatment it would be eradicated automatically.
plz help and suggets me any treatment to make HBsAG negative.

result is not hbsag 250iu/ml but >250iu/ml (superior 250iu/ml like 99.99% cronic (chronic) carriers, such low hbsag means hbv is going to be cleared)

the lab didn t have the new abbott architect kits with automated detection of hbsag but the old type.old type can detect hbsag 0.05iu/ml-250iu/ml, to detect above that range the technicians must dilutite sample (very easy task) but they didn t.so this result is useless like qualitative, it says hbsag is present but we dont know anything else.
talk to the lab and ask for exact hbsag quantity with diluition

my god we still have fantasy doctor around or he can t read lab results and thinks hbsag is really 250iu/ml.in any case only hbsag quant is not enough yo need the following for a clear picture of ur status:

hbsag quant
hbvdna
fibroscan
hbvdna
ast/alt
hbeag/hbeab
Hi Stef;

kindly find below results

HBsAg(CMIA)  250 IU/ml
SGPT(ALT)   48 IU/ml
SGOT(AST)   33 IU/ml
HBV DNA, QUANTITATIVE REAL TIME PCR ( Real Time PCR using Cobas Ampliprep & TaqMan)   658 IU/ml
AIDS(HIV-I, HIV-II) ANTIBODIES FOR HIV (I&II)/P24 ANTIGEN 0.10
plz help and suggets me any treatment to make HBsAG negative
Waiting your usual Advise
HBsAg(CMIA)  250 IU/ml

this is not hbsag, this is test without diluition for exact hbsag quantity, it just sais hbsag is superior to 250iu/ml which is in 99,9% of cronic (chronic) carriers...if it was 250iu/ml it is about to be cleared

hbvdna 658iu//ml by 19 days...this is a super result in such a little time, recheck at 12 weeks if undetatcable

baraclude is useless on hbsag but 5% clear hbv on etv (4% per year clear hbv naturally so not that much result), check both hbsag and hbeag as soon as possible because we need baseline value and 12 weeks value, tell the lab to make diluition otherwise to refund because hbsag in the range 0.05-250iu/ml with no diluition is useless
My ALT/AST is normal and doctor said i am a healthy Hepatitis B carrier, but the Hepatitis B virus DNA test show viral load is 431,044,580 IU/ml , should i take medicine? Kindly advise, thanks a lot

no, understand it is not virus to make damage but your immune system.if ast/alt are normal with a lot of virus you have no immune response and so no damage

no drugs must be taken in this status because they can only make damage
Thanks, so for my virus status now, will it cause further impact to my liver and should i take any prevention to reduce the virus or should i take notice of anything?need ur expertise comment,thanks..
you just have to monitor
i am hbv carier  i do not know when i infected before i arrived us i checked my blood test   and they did not report about hbv but after check my blood i remove my molar when i arived us again check my blood and they said to me hbv carrier the result is thisthe quantitative of this assay is 1.3-8.2 log iu/ml(20-170,000,000 iu/ml) 1iu/ml hbv dna copies is approximately 5.82 copies  and my hbeag is positive anti body also positive and doctor said small proportion cronic (chronic) hbv  i went to know is irecntly infected or a long time ago how can i know?  i checked all cat scan and altra sound my liver is no problem  again the doctor said there is no evidence in your blood  if i do sex my fiancy can i transmit?
i asked to bergkampyap about my hbv please tell me how can i know
Hi Steff...i am staying in Bangalore..just one month back my husband went for health check up.There we got to know that he is HBsAg positive...
Test Rate     3.148
cut off rate   0.073
ELFA
Repeated Test rate  21.29
Test result     positive

Ater this doctor told us to do HBV DNA(real time PCR using Cobas Ampliprepand TaqMan)..

Result is 2138 IU/mL...what is the next step? pls advise me..really worried..he is chronic or acute?Is LIV52 HB will helpful?

Hi Stef;

kindly find below results

HBsAg(CMIA)  250 IU/ml

SGPT(ALT)   60 IU/ml

SGOT(AST)  45 IU/ml

HBV DNA, QUANTITATIVE REAL TIME PCR ( Real Time PCR using
Cobas Ampliprep & TaqMan)   658 IU/ml

PT/PT-INR
Prothrombin Time
Test 12.5 second(unit)
control 11.0 second(unit)
INR 1.1

Anti HBe Method by chemilumiscence Result Non - Reactive(sample/cut-off ratio(s/co)-1.24)

HBeAg  Method by chemilumiscence Result Non - Reactive(sample/cut-off ratio(s/co)-0.3)

HBsAg Quantification 3626 IU/ml

Waiting your usual Advise

Hi Stef;

kindly find below results

HBsAg(CMIA)  250 IU/ml

SGPT(ALT)   60 IU/ml

SGOT(AST)  45 IU/ml

Cobas Ampliprep & TaqMan)   658 IU/ml

PT/PT-INR
Prothrombin Time
Test 12.5 second(unit)
control 11.0 second(unit)
INR 1.1

HBsAg Quantification 3626 IU/ml

Fibro Scan
Cap(db/m)                              E(KPa)
Median      370                       Median            6.5
IQR*           25                        IQR*               1.2
IQR*/med    7%                       IQR*/med        18%

Waiting your usual Advise

Hi Stef;

kindly find below results

HBsAg(CMIA)  250 IU/ml

SGPT(ALT)   60 IU/ml

SGOT(AST)  45 IU/ml

Cobas Ampliprep & TaqMan)   658 IU/ml

PT/PT-INR
Prothrombin Time
Test 12.5 second(unit)
control 11.0 second(unit)
INR 1.1

HBsAg Quantification 3626 IU/ml

Fibro Scan

Waiting your usual Advise
iam hepatities b patient.in resent result i got hbv  dna viral load is  717iu/ml.is there any serious please help me..
hbvdna is useless to know how you are, you must check fibroscan to know if you have liver damage or any damage from hbv
Hi Stef;

kindly find below results

HBsAg(CMIA)  250 IU/ml

SGPT(ALT)   60 IU/ml

SGOT(AST)  45 IU/ml

Cobas Ampliprep & TaqMan)   658 IU/ml

PT/PT-INR
Prothrombin Time
Test 12.5 second(unit)
control 11.0 second(unit)
INR 1.1

HBsAg Quantification 3626 IU/ml

Fibro Scan

Waiting your usual Advise
Hi, I have recovered from Hep B for 11 years. I have test done january showing negative Hbsag, postive anti HBS ,SGPT 47.and non detectable HBVDNA, the doctor suggested to have another test done this august.. now came the result, still HbsAg negative and anti Hbs Positive but my SGPT is 55, what can u say about this?Is this just okay?
Thank you.
I tested my blood and I saw HBV DNA Quantative by (TaqMan) > 110000000, so have any drug can cure it?

wait for your reply.

Thanks.
HBV DNA Quantative by (TaqMan) > 110000000

you are probably healthy with that level, the higher the virus the less damage usually because there is no immune response

remember it is not the virus to make the damage but your immune system, so you need to check if you are an healthy immune tollerant carrier, immune tollerant have:
hbvdna in the millions
hbsag 20-100.000iu/ml
ast/alt normal
liver fibroscan less than 6kpa

no drugs needed if so, you are healthy

you have abnormal alt, normal is 19 or less

you need to check the reason which can be:
occult hbv, very sensitive hbvdna can confirm this

fatty liver

bad quality food with chemicals, try to eat organic fresh food only without any chemicals
yes, i have a fatty liver. so i guess i need to check what i eat.just like that.
Thanks.
Im sure this is not an occult HBV,bec I have zero HBVDNA count and Negative HBsAG ( 0.35), Positive,Anti Hbs ( 233.95).
Fatty liver might be the cause of my abnormal SGPT, but its not quite high, here, normal range from 5-31.I have fatty liver, Yes.
Thanks.
I am 37 yrs old and HbsAg positive with HBV DNA showing 4540642IU/ml = 26426536 copies/ml, HbeAg Negative and ANTI HbeAg Positive, ALT is 66 and AST is 48 Rest all liver parameters are withing normal range. Please advise. i am feeling mild pain under my right lower ribs. doctor is suggesting Interfero Inj and every week for 4 months and i cannot afford that due to its cost. The alternative he told to take Tenovir on each day for three months and then undergo the blood testsagain. please advice
Hi, I’m M. Talib and I’m 27 years old now (date of birth is 15/10/1985). I belong to Karachi, Pakistan.
I am having hepatitis B virus in my body that is inactive. After 5 months I will get married. I’m worried about my wife (lolls, actually at the moment fiancée) that after marriage, whether my virus will transfer to my wife or not? What should I do now?  My all reports (with test dates and test results) are as follows: Kindly help me.

First time test from Agha Khan Hospital (dated on 01/03/2012) :
HBsAg (test performed by ECLIA) ---------Result= reactive (2267)
Hepatitis C antibody (test performed by ECLIA) ------ Result = non reactive 0.107

Second time test from Liaquat National Hospital (dated on 22/03/2012):
HBsAg (test performed by MEIA) ---------Result= reactive (262.54)
------------------------------------------
After this, I went to Liaquat National Hospital and there a doctor suggested me following further tests:

(I’m mentioning here with results)
Dated on 02/04/2012

1. HBV DNA PCR Quantitative--- = HBV DNA detected in sample, viral load 328 IU/ml

2. HBe Antigen-------------------------- = (performed by elisa) non-ractive 0.034
3. Anti HBe Antibody-------------= (performed by elisa) positive 0.348
4. Anti HDV-------------------------= (performed by elisa) negative 2.527
5. CBC:
 HAEMOGLOBIN = 15.1 g/dl
 RBC = 4.8 10E12/L
 HAEMATOCRIT (PVC) = 42 %
 MCV = 88ft
 MCH = 31 pg
 MCHC = 36 %
 TOTAL LEUCOCYTE COUNT = 4.3 ×10E9L
 DIFFERENTIAL LEUCOCYTE COUNT
NEUTROPHILS = 55 %
LYMPHOCYTES = 34 %
EOSINOPHILS = 0.6 %
 PLATELETS = 196 ×10E9/L
 MORPHOLOGY = NORMOCHROMIC. Normocytic
6. LFT:
 S. TOTAL BILIRUBIN=0.49
 S. Direct BILIRUBIN=0.16
 S. INDIRECT BILIRUBIN=0.33
 SGPT (ALT) = 38
 ALKALINE PHOSPHATATE = 102
 GAMMA GT = 18
 SGOT (AST) = 27
7. PI----------------------- = 14.5 seconds
8. Albumin--------------------------= 4.56
9. U/S upper abdomen-------------- = It was found ok
10. Creatinine------------------------ = 0.73
11. BGR (Blood Glucose Random) ------- = 122
12. SERUM TSH------------------------ = 1.11

 I showed the above twelve reports to the doctor. And he told me that no need to worry because the virus (hepatitis B) in my body is inactive. But I need two tests after every 5-6 months for observation:
ALT & HBsAg

 The doctor also suggested me to use folic acid (5mg) for one month only. He also told me that in the presence of virus (although it is inactive) I can not do vaccination.

Now After passing 6 months almost, I again tested myself from hospital and my reports are as follows (Dated on 27/09/2012):
 SGPT (ALT) = 36

 HBsAg (test performed by ECLIA)= Reactive 2670
hayee...I m tens....
I hv Hep B Positive
ALT 39 out of 43
AST 33
HBV DNA 3.5*10^4 (35000 copies/ml)
Ultrasound Report Normal..

Is it Choronic....? am i need treatment at this stage...? help me  
Hi steff...My ALT/AST Normal and Ultrasound report also normal...my HBV DNA show viral load 35000 copies/ml (6013 IU/ml)....please suggets me ..is there any need of treatment or not....? and is it acute or chornic ?
i m 25 year old....
Dear Stef,

HBsAg = 2699
HBV DNA = 133800 IU/ml
HBe Antigen = reactive (228.6) performed by ECLIA
HBe Antibody= non-reactive(1.85) performed by ECLIA

ALT = 61

i am 29 years old and living in Pak. kindly suggest me if any treatment require or not. need your help. as i am unable to join my new job.

pakistan doesn t have hbsag quant

this is not hbsag quant and the number has no unit (hbsag=2699 and not 2699iu/ml), this is a useless test if possible ask for money back
Thanks stef,

but what will i have to do further. what about other tests conducted. i.e HBV DNA quantitative, HBe Antigen, HBe Antibody etc. your value able suggestion needed. either treatment required or not ?
I consult physcian locally in Pak and they recommend me to start treatment.
1- etv
2-tdf
they said to use above two pills once a day and come after one month with ALT.
what u suggest?

waiting for your reply.
hi stef
           iam from india. iam hbv+. by the first hbv dna test igot result as
  on jan2012  hepatitis b virus dna quantative pcr 29752971 IU/mL

doctor suggest to use (entaliv0.5mg) tablets
  on oct 2012 hepatitis b virus dna quantative pcr 1490 IU/mL

then i stopped using the tablets for 2-3 months. by consulting the doctor he advised to do the same test again
  on jun 2013 hepatitis b virus dna quantative pcr 115392 IU/mL

can i know wether my liver is damaged or not?
is there any chance to make this hbv negetive?
  to reduce the count should i follow any food diet?
if it is possible please guide me
   please reply me
first of all find a liver specialist that knows hbv, that doctor knows nothing about hbv and hbv drugs.the antivirals dont clear hbv they just lower replication so if you want to take an antiviral you have to take it for life

yes you  need a fibroscan to know this

hbv negative is a useless test, if it gets negative it does not mean clearance of hbv.it is is test just to know if the antiviral is lowering hbv replication, it has nothing to do with clearance of infection.
to know if you are clearing hbv you need hbsag quantity, not hbvdna quantity

no, diets and vitamins have no effect on virus (except vit d3), this is useful only to keep the liver healthy and lessen the damage but it is not effective on the virus.follow posts about vitamin d, it looks like increasing vit d boosts immune system but it is not known yet if this lowers replication

there is only one therapy to clear infection in a very high percentage and it takes 4-5years minimum:
first you need to take tenofovir for about 3 years, this will rescue your immune system

then you need to add on to tenofovir peginterferon, this combo of the 2 drugs will clear hbv in 50% of cases by 1 year and will lower hbsag to inactive hbv on the rest of 40% by second year of combo, only 10% seems not to respond.studies to define better this 40% which gains low hbsag are underway
My HBsAg result is >250 IU/ml . I had got HBV immediately when i was born . I didn't get vaccinated . Need to whether its acute , chronic or carrier?
Is it curable ?
Since you were infected at birth, then you are chronic, if of course you are older than 6 months...
Dear Stef,
                  I am HbsAg +ve donno since when. I got to know when i donated blood in 2011 december. Tested HBV DNA on Sep 2012 and it is 4540642IU/ml = 26426536 copies/ml, ALT - 66, AST - 48, rest all LFT is within normal range, i was feeling mild pain under the right lower ribs, HbeAg is Negative and Anti HbeAg is +ve.
Doc advise to take tdf for six months and test again.
Aug 2013 report is
HBV DNA is < 6 iu/ ml = < 35 copies/ml.
Alt 26 and Ast 26. Rest all reports are within normal.
What is the next course of treatmant? Pls advise. I am feeling occassional mild pain under the right lower ribs.
kindly interpret results below;

HBsAG II quantification =37810.0 IU/ml
HBV Viral load >110,000,000 IU/ml
ANti HBC LgM (CMIA) = 0.16      C.O.V. 1.000 nonreactive
ANti HBS= 0.33 (rate note 0.33); cut off 10.0 ECLIA method
HBsAG=reactive (rate note 3241.11) cut off 2.0 ECLIA METHOD
Anti HBC lgG=reactive (rate note 12.19) cut off 1.0
SGPT = 22
Anti HCV = non reactiveAN\\
Anti HBe = reactive
Anti HBe Antigen = non reactive

the doctor has prescribed me to take  baraclude 0.05 mg and I don't know if I will start the medication. Pls. advise. Thanks
tenofovir is the most potent drug on hbv, has no resistance and is cheaper than entecavir, why use entecavir?

in our community we think most doctors are instructed or just believe drug sellers lies about tenofovir having sides effects while entecavir having no sides effects.it is actually the opposite, long term use of entecavir has effects on mitocondria and human dna while tenofovir doesn t have.entecavir is also under monitoring for cancer because in human trials there was lung cancer on mices while no cancer on monkeys

so in the end tenofovir is better
see liver condition, if ok then no need for anti viral. think twice before starting antiviral.
i have a hepa b..this is my HBVDNA result..

5,652 IU/ML
32,895 COPIES / ML DETECTABLE RANGE W/ METHOD IS 6~ 110,000,000 IU/ML  (35-640,200,00 copies /ml)
what did they mean?

the doctor told me to no need for treatment,is it true?
i'm wait for your reply..i hope u can advice me..thank you
Please help me to interpret this result;

< 6 IU/ml < 35 copies/ml The method used for HBV DNA Viral Load PCR is COBAS TaqMan HBV Test. The detectable range with this method is 6 - 110,000,000 IU/ml (35 - 640,200,000 copies/ml). The quantification is homogenous for all HBV genotypes tested.

do this mean that I have a virus on my blood? please help coz I don't know what to do.

Thank you so much,

hbvdna test alone is useless to say anything.the virus is present anyway indipendently from hbvdna results

you need hbsag quantity in iu/ml and fibroscan to make hbvdna test useful

also hbv genotype, hbeag, hbeab, ast-alt are needed to define status
Sir I am a man of 47 years old ,
I didn’t do any hapatius b test before, my first test (days ago) shows that : HBs Ag + , sgot=24 , sgpt = 24
HBA Quantitative pcr shows 76 IU/Ml viral load.
do I need treatement or I have to wait maybe my body will get rid of the virus since the viral load is low , and what treatement is needed if any ?

hbvdna viral load has nothing to do with the infection in the liver, clerance of the infection or hbv cure by any therapy.it is hbsag quantitative in iu/ml to show infected cells in the liver, prediction of cure by therapy and so on, so have hbsag quantitative test if you want to know, the test is very cheap and result very fast

check also hbv genotype and in case hbsag is less than 1000-1500iu/ml you have highest chances to clear hbv on peginterferon
this is the quantity result

hbsag 1795.16 reactive
hbs non reactive
hbeag .34 non reactive
anti hbe .01 reactive anti hav .45 non reactive
hbc total 12.61 reactive hcv .13 non reactive

The doctor said no need for treatment...
i hope you can explain me clearly..

is there a possibility to remove this virus?

i will wait your response...thank you
this is the quantity result

hbsag 1795.16 reactive
hbs non reactive
hbeag .34 non reactive

i hope you can explain me clearly..

i will wait your response...thank you

wat is the best medicine to cure?
hbsag 1795.16 reactive

this is not a quantity, this is a number without a unit, this is the fraud obsolete test sold as quantitative by labs making this fraud for years.the number is the reagent used nothing else, at least you can require a money back for such a useless test

only two machines widely available since 2000 can make hbsag quantity in iu/ml, abbott architect or roches elecsys, all other machines decades older than 2000 are obsolete and useless and cannot even detect all types of hbsag making a lot of false negatives

without the tests for hbsag quantification and hbv genotype how could you monitor treatment?

imean hbsag 1795.16 iu/ml reactive..
with iu/ml as i have mentioned..
i will wait your reply..tnx
you can try tenofovir for 3 years and then peginterferon add on to clear hbv or peginterferon monotherapy for 24 weeks and if no hbsag decline go for the previous suggested sequential treatment
Hi , stef
I,m a man of 47 with  HBs Ag positive

my LFT results are normal sgot=24 , sgpt = 24

HBA DNA pcr was76 IU/Ml in sept. 2013.
HBA DNA pcr became 44 IU/Ml in Oct. 2013.

HbsAg quantity is 2075 IU/Ml now in 7th Nov. 2013

what treatment is needed to clear HbsAg and how long treatment will take
Thanks alot for your help
just finished my 48 wks of peginterferon and my hbsag quantification result is 143 and hvbdna is <6. We solicited dr advise if we can continue the treatment to 60 or 72 weeks, ans is to totally stop. Right now no medication, just monitoring.

Is anyone there can confirm if my doc advise is just right for my case.
It would be best to start tenofovir first, you are Lmost 50yo and there s increased hcc and cirrhosis risk, then follow hbsag when 1500iu/ml add pegintf

U must also keep your vitd levels above 90ng/ml to keep good immune responce and healthy liver
Hi Steff,
May I need some medication based on my blood test as under

HBs Ag---2624.73
ALT --- 72
AST----39
Hepatitis Be Ab.............. Non Reactive
Hepatitis Delta antibody --- Non Reactive
HBV DNA Quantitative ..... Detected (512278 IU/ml)
HBs Ag---2624.73

what is the unit?

fibroscan is also needed to define all situation but all guidelines suggest therapy because high hbvdna and abnormal alt (norm alt is 30 for men)
I am 30yr old and hbsag >250 iu/ml
hbv qpcr undetectable.
please guide as i am very nervous.
hi ritu...
same problem is with my husband..i am also very worried..can you please guide me .
Viewing 201-305 comments: