Hepatitis B Community
Reply from the CEO of Replicor

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Reply from the CEO of Replicor

Hello Everybody,

I asked 3 questions about REP9AC to Mr. Michel Bazinet, the CEO and chairman of Replicor.

Here are the questions and his replies (sorry for my poor English):

Q: Is REP9AC curable and safe for a HBV patient with a stage 3 fibrosis and HAI 11/18 like me?
A: Yes

Q: Is REP9AC curable and safe for previously Entecavir treated patients?  
A: Results are expected to be better / faster in patients already on Entecavir or Tenofovir.

Q: When will REP9AC be ready for us (approximately)? In other words, how many years do we have?
Q: Very hard to predict. Dealing with a lot of buraucracy...
Tags: entecavir, fibrosis, REP9AC, Replicor, michel bazinet
this information is common knowledge.  Arc 520, GS 9620 will both be out long before Rep9AC'
EDIT

Q: Could you tell me even that what percentage REP9AC is possible to be in the market in the following 5 years? It is only a predict, not a binding answer.

A:There is a high probabilities that our drug could be available in 4 or 5 years.
They told three years a year ago...
.
But at some point it has to come into circulation and in all fairness the second part of the trials are underway. I've had the answer "buraucracy" I wish they would specify what exact "buraucracy" is holding up progress then as a collective we know what direction in which to put our energy!
absolutely agree with you
Thanks for sharing!
Maybe the Rockefeller and Rothchilds are preventing it from coming out too fast as they want to accumulate a further billions or 2 before a direct cure is available.

Humanity and common sense should win out at the end.
Lets hope so. Humanity common sense and  a "collective" effort might  be a good combo!?
I hope humanity and common sense wins before we die :)
hey, where is Stef2011? He has not write a comment yet :)
With treatment or monitoring and good management in diet and lifestyles, we can prolong our lives. Hope is all we got. ;)
I wouldn't be so sure about this - looking at the Replicor website the results of 9 person clinical trial looks like their drug has cured HBV in 8 out of 9 patients. If this is Phase II B trials the time could be 2-3 years. 8 out of 9 is over 90% cure rate in 26 week treatment.

The following is from the press release on their website

All patients have achieved HBV antibody levels seen in healthy patients after vaccination with a total of 12 weeks of combination treatment and many patients have achieved antibody titers > 1000 mIU / ml. In 8 out of 9 patients who have achieved this therapeutic vaccine-like response, they continue to control their viral infection 12 – 24 weeks after all treatment is stopped.
oh my...sequential treatment anyone can use has a superior 91% cure rate with totally free treatment in states with healthcare.
it is impossible to market new drugs and this is why no drug is reaching the market since 2008 (tdf in europe)

Do you mean all HBV patients including HBSAG is over 50000 ?
anyone of us started with immune tollerant phase with hbsag>100.000iu/ml, it lowers with age or with antivirals.if antivirals can reduce cccdna 98-99% by 10 years corresponding hbsag is very very low if not und already
you suggest that no drug is coming out.. is that because existing drugs are potent enuf?
The problem is, in the states we dont have the hbsag test to see where we are. So my question is where can we travel too to get this test done?
Try this one; one from the members gave this adress The americas 5 delaware drive lake success ny 11042  tel 5167191052.