Hepatitis B Community
Resveratrol Reduces Hepatic Fibrosis and Portal Pressure in Cirrhotic ...
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Resveratrol Reduces Hepatic Fibrosis and Portal Pressure in Cirrhotic Rats

Abstract
Background and Aims

Resveratrol, a polyphenol found in a variety of fruits, exerts a wide range of beneficial effects on the endothelium, regulates multiple vasoactive substances and decreases oxidative stress, factors involved in the pathophysiology of portal hypertension. Our study aimed at evaluating the effects of resveratrol on hepatic and systemic hemodynamics, hepatic endothelial dysfunction and hepatic fibrosis in CCl4-cirrhotic rats.
Methods

Resveratrol (10 and 20 mg/kg/day) or its vehicle were administered to cirrhotic rats for two weeks and hepatic and systemic hemodynamics were measured. Moreover, we evaluated endothelial function by dose-relaxation curves to acetylcholine, hepatic NO bioavailability and TXA2 production. We also evaluated liver fibrosis by Sirius Red staining of liver sections, collagen-1, NFkB, TGFβ mRNA expression, and desmin and α-smooth muscle actin (α-SMA) protein expression, as a surrogate of hepatic stellate cell activation.
Results

Resveratrol administration significantly decreased portal pressure compared to vehicle (12.1±0.9 vs 14.3±2.2 mmHg; p<0.05) without significant changes in systemic hemodynamics. Reduction in portal pressure was associated with an improved vasodilatory response to acetylcholine, with decreased TXA2 production, increased endothelial NO and with a significant reduction in liver fibrosis. The decrease in hepatic fibrosis was associated with a reduced collagen-1, TGFβ, NFкB mRNA expression and desmin and α-SMA protein expression.
Conclusions

Resveratrol administration reduces portal pressure, hepatic stellate cell activation and liver fibrosis, and improves hepatic endothelial dysfunction in cirrhotic rats, suggesting it may be a useful dietary supplement in the treatment of portal hypertension in patients with cirrhosis.
Blank

reservatrol is one of the components of fibroguard (just one of the component) so i can confirm on myself it does work indeed and it also work on kidneys function
i also suggested fibroguard to a post stroke person and after one year of use he is another person, brain function imporoved immensely.

his baseline damage was brain not working with logic, wording (speaking not understandable easily), repeting acts with no logic, wrong dressing according to weather or occasion, fogetting all things all the time.all of this is gone, improvment already after 4-5 weeks.
he keeps using vit d3 5000iu daily, fibroguard, fish oil
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

reservatrol is one of the components of fibroguard (just one of the component) so i can confirm on myself it does work indeed and it also work on kidneys function
i also suggested fibroguard to a post stroke person and after one year of use he is another person, brain function imporoved immensely.

his baseline damage was brain not working with logic, wording (speaking not understandable easily), repeting acts with no logic, wrong dressing according to weather or occasion, fogetting all things all the time.all of this is gone, improvment already after 4-5 weeks.
he keeps using vit d3 5000iu daily, fibroguard, fish oil
Blank
Resveratrol is a very common supplement. Let's hope someone will do a clinical trial to confirm that it works in humans and determine the appropriate dosage.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank