Hepatitis B Community
Risk of Hepatitis B Transmission
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Risk of Hepatitis B Transmission

I have concerns on an possible exposure to Hepatitis B. 

I recently returned from Thailand where I had an encounter with a sex worker. She performed oral on me with a condom once and I ejaculated. We then mutually masturbated each other about four times (no condom, I ejaculated each time) and dry humped once (no condom, I ejaculated), we did not have penetrative intercourse.  My concern is that vaginal fluids transferred from her hands and mine to my penis during the masturbation/ejaculation.  There was also some deep kissing.

Is there a risk of contracting hepatitis B? 

I have not had a vacination for hepatitis and since the encounter, 7 days ago, i have developed itching all over my body.

Is it worth having a post exposure injection?

Please can you help, thanks.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

only tests can say, these are fast tests same day delivery:
hbsag
hbsab
hbcab igm

if these are negative go for hbv vaccine immediately.dont worry about getting hbv cronic (chronic), if you are not drug addicted, unhealthy habits or immune suppressive drugs/steroids your immune system is not damaged and chances to clear hbv are close to 100%, it is said 95% adults with competent immune system (not damaged) clear hbv but there are no clear studies on these percentages so it may be even more
Blank
Is itching all over my body within a week a symptom or would that not be related?

Thanks
Blank

hbv has no symptoms, only a very small percentage on acute hbv has some symptoms.not correlated with hbv and common to all viral diseases

yellowing of skin and eyes is more correlated with liver damage and hbv but also this is common to many diseases
Blank
Itching can be a sign of liver failure as the liver is unable to clear toxins from the body.  However, this is HIGHLY unlikely in such an acute setting within such a short timespan as yours.
Blank
I am confused about a previous post can you just clarify.

You say that most healthy peoples immune system fights hepatitis B and make a recovery.

Does this mean that most healthy people will clear of the disease and it will not effect their lives at all and are free of the disease so therefore can not spread it anymore?

Thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank