Hepatitis B Community
Should I be worried?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Should I be worried?

Ive been on viread for about a year and a half. I havent taken an uptodate blood test, the last one I took was in october. I was still 20 away from undetected. I will take an up to date one soon. But lately ive had red palms, and some pain in the liver area sometimes. Most of the time its after I eat a full meal. Should I be concerned of cirrhosis, what should I do in this situation. The red palms and cold shivvers every once in a while kind of scare me but Im already on tnf so shouldnt that help reduce hcc or prevent it?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
TNF is a mediator of the immune response against viral infections. It‘s use in patients with HBV or HCV infection can promote viral reactivation and potentially fatal liver failure. The quantitative assays and HCV genotyping may help to predict long term risks and outcomes in both treated and untreated HCV infection. Liver disease is a common cause. Almost a quarter people with liver cirrhosis can manifest palmar erythema.See a hepatologist and discuss your concerns. You may need tests to monitor the progress of disease. I hope it helps.
Best wishes and regards!
Can you please explain what you mean by "TNF" in your response to cjb.
He most certainly meant tnf as abbreviation of tenofovir which he is using. i dont think he meant interferon.
If you meant tumor necrosis factor alpha by TNF, which is unlikely, since you go on toto state "its use in patients with HBV or HCV infection.." it would make some sense, but again this cytokine is not typically used therapeutically.

So this is quite confusing to me. pls clarify.