Should I give up my baby
I am 31 years old. I started to take Viread on early June and on Mid June I found I am pregnant for 5 weeks.

My last HBV report showed that my ALT and AST value were a little higher than normal(lower than 80) and active DNA detected. So my doctor recommended me to take Viread.

I've stopped taking Viread since I found out I am pregnant. I am so worry about that the medicine will impact my baby or I transmit the HBV virus to my baby.  

Thank you for your help.
Should I give up my baby?

--No, consult a HBV specialist.
a little higher than normal(lower than 80), the new normal alt level is 19 for women from 2009, 80 is by far abnormal

active DNA detected
why did you stop viread without any knowledge of your drug and illness, viread is safe for the baby, restart it immediately also to protect baby from hbv

there are other pregnant women taking viread here and since viread is also used on hiv the number of babies borne while taking viread is very very high and no problems at all

restart viread as soon as possible before you develop resistance
thanks very much for your replys. My hbv specialist sugguested me to stop taking Viread if i want to keep my baby.

I am in Toronto, not sure if doctors use different measurement here. But i was told my virus load was high and with little high than normal ALT & ALT value(don't have the report with me now)
You don't have to give up your baby, viread is safe for pregnancy according to my doc. I'm currently 18 wks preggo and will start viread after 24th wk. I will continue to take viread after the baby and I want another baby after this one. I asked my doc should I stop taking viread if i'm pregnant again? He said if I stop the virus might flare up even higher so I should continue to take viread even if i do get pregnant again. My goal is to reduce the viral load so when it's time to deliver the baby will have less chance to get infected. The only thing that I'm very disappointed is I can not breastfeed if i'm on viread :(.

be carefull it is full of ignorant doctors, please see a second doctor and very expert and change the one who told you to stop viread, he was totally wrong and any expert doctor will tell you that
on the contrary viread is used before pregnancy to lower the virus and save the baby from cronic hbv
Thanks everyone!!!! After reading your replys and posts in this fourm,  I am relief now and will not give up my baby. I hope can find a better doctor soon.