Hepatitis B Community
Should I take Viread with these results ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Since I am HBeAG negative Viread is not being refunded here - only IFN,lamivudine. I signed up for a clinical trial with combo Viread + IFN. After reading more and more I'am wondering if I should take VIREAD knowing It will be for a finite period of time - a lot of people suggest not to stop taking it because of the viral load spike afterwards.
Question is should I take VIREAD for a finite period of time or go the IFN way now ? I haven't taken any treatment yet.

I am 29 years old diagnosed at Jan 2012. My results are
ALT 53-60
HBV DNA 255036 IU/ml
Fibroscan F0-F1 (6.8Kpa)

Also How long must I wait before trying to conceive a child after Viread or IFN treatment treatment ?

Also "Antygen HBS" is 15,85 index

this translates to nothing, it is a obsolete useless test for hbsag

viread is for hbeag neg, poland try to save money over sick people clearly and lamivudine must not be used

go for the combo intf+tdf, i am also going for that trial, tdf can be stopped after sometime.also consider that it is getting off patent and that generics are as low as 17usd per month
Also "Antygen HBS" is 15,85 index - i don't know how this translates to US standards.
Also "Antygen HBS" is 15,85 index

Thanks for your reply. I googled up the patent and found some info its going off in 2018 - thats good news for me I guess.

Can you answer my question regarding pregnancy ? Me and my wife are attempting 3rd time after 2 miscarriages. She had autoimmune therapy and we have a green light for 3rd attempt. Problem is that the first 2 attempts were 100% success now its 4 month trying and still nothing - damn nature is against us. The therapy is valid for a finite period of time and this trial can last up to two years. How long must one wait after taking viread until I can safely try again ?

Also thanks very much for your input around here cause doctors around here either don't care and give you standard program for HBV or run clinical trials.
Hello

Just got my latest results. After careful study I'm a bit confused with the HBeAg being Reactive. Does this mean I switched from being HBeAg- to HBeAg+ ?

The rest is
HBsAg Quant 4492,21 IU/mL
HBsAg Reactive
ALT 61
AST 32
HBV DNA 146346 IU/ml

Is DNA that jumpy ? My previous count mentioned in in the original post was made about June. This is October.
Finally I got randomized into Interferon monotherapy. After first dose I don't notice any sides.
your last test did not test HBeAG. If it is negative before, then it will probably remain negative.
Isn't HBeAG- the same as HBeAG Non-Reactive ?
sorry. yes.
i only saw your HBsAg results.

BTW, i am HBeAG- and just started taking Viread.
I don't think viread makes a difference whether you are HBeAG-  or HBeAG+
Yeah the Original post title misleading since I got IFN instead of Viread.

just try intf+viread and see if hbsag lowers, viread mono will not work on hbsag but intf+viread has high percentages of response
plss could u answer my q?
I am going to start Viread tomorrow.. You mean I should ask my doc to start INF with Viread?  Or take the Viread first to knock down the Viral load and then start the inf?  i am so confused with all the protocols.  

HBeAG+   what does this mean on my report?

this is very good, you have about 11-16% chances to clear hbsag definitively by 3years of tenofovir

You mean I should ask my doc to start INF with Viread?
no starting tenofovir and pegintf together is not helpful, stay on tdf monotherapy about 3 years and then if no hbsag clearance add on peg

you need hbsag quantity in iu/ml before starting therapy, hbvdna will get undetectable but what it counts for hbv clearance is hbsag quantity