Hepatitis B Community
Splitting Viread ok?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Splitting Viread ok?

is it ok to split Viread into two doses?
absolutely not, you ll get resistant to it.where does this crazy idea come from?and why?
kidney function came back as abnormal so doctor recommended to split viread in half. I have not felt well since. now for 6 months.
ways to make normal kidneys function at full dose tdf:
telbivudine combo

1 tea spoon of baking soda per day will increase ph and lessen kidneys work to balance ph.human trials showed patients on hemodialisis could get off of it

liposomal resveratrol, curcumin,glutathione

coq10
Correct me if I'm wrong but if the body builds a resistance to Viread that would be an absolute nightmare because Viread is so potent?

Making sure you adequately hydrated is really important for kydney function  along with looking into the usual kind of juice cranberry and apple juice etc.

But check with your doctor first
Stef;

what are the tests that could be done to check if tdf has affected the kidneys badly ?

full test list if applicable..

studyforhope indicated creatinine to albumine ratio as the most predictive

hbv infects and damages kidneys too so it is important to check them, it is not tdf to damage kidneys but the kidneys to be damaged before the therapy starts.i also had some problems before starting tdf with creatinine out of range on entecavir so i checked baseline creatinine and creatinine clearance by 24 urine collection when started tdf add on to etv and then recheck creatinine monthly first year and clearance once a year

but after the gcmaf therapy, heptech and so diet my creatinine clearance went from 108 to 144, over normal range, super kidneys so i am definitely out of any possible effect on my kidneys
this is to sy if you have money to buy liposomes, gcmaf, organic food and willing to do a healthy life, anything can be managed to the best we want and pretty easily

of course normal doctors are no help on this and i was very lucky to have researchers as doctors but now all the info is posted and many others may benefit from all these info

so if you find creatinine clearance low you can try liposomes and diet and then recheck if it goes up, if not add gcmaf and so on....the limit here is only money because both liposomes and gcmaf are pretty expensive
Thanks a lot Stef for your valuable information :)
It is the ratio of urinary Microalbumin to urinary Creatinine that is the most sensitive indicator of subtle glomerular damage. Not the values in serum or plasma!

It can be done on random urine or on 24 hour collected urine.

It indicates leakage of the kidney filter, that in turn reflects damage to the podocytes, the most sensitive and important cells of the kidneys, very vulnerable to many insults. If they start dying, glomerula are slowly lost and after a while chronic kidney failure will eventually occur.
thanks for your clarification both labs and normal doctors were not so aware of the test and i am not sure if they tested both urinary.

is this test enough or best to test also creatinine clearance with 24hrs urine collection?
The creatinine clearance is a test for global kidney function, it can normally be well predicted from serum creatinine levels and well established formulas. The 24 hour urine collection used to determine creatinine clearance is however more accurate.
Instead of serum creatinine Cystatin C in serum can be tested, it reflects kidney function better than serum creatinine.
The urinary micro albumin is much more sensitive to determine stress to the glomeruli at an early stage.

So both creatinine clearance and micro albumin testing should be done.