Hepatitis B Community
Start Viread? Please help Stef2011 and others

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I would like your opinion/advice.  I am a 45 yo asian female living in the US, HBV positive probably from birth.  My lab tests come up with normal ALT/AST.  No Fibroscan or HBsAg quant information.  

AST 20
ALT 19

Viral DNA 2790 IU/ml
HBsAg - positive
HBeAg - negative
HBeAb - positive

AFP - 3.3
HBV Genotype C
Basal Core Promoter Mutation 1762, 1764
No PreCore Mutations
All liver enzymes within range.  No symptoms.

The ultrasound results were normal with 2cm cyst on liver.

My doctor recommends that I start on Viread as soon as possible.  What do you think?