Hepatitis B Community
Starting Medication with Tenofovir(Reviro) how effective

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I would be starting my medication from today with Reviro 300mg prescribed by my doc as i have Viral load of 35,935 IU/ml i want to know how good is this medicine in clearing the viral load in next 3 months ?  I would like to undergo a test for HBVDNA after 1 month what kind of number change can i expect from 35935 IU/ml ? All my LFT results are good.

And i'm guessing Entecavir is not that effective when compared to Tenofovir ?
Anyone
everyone responds different, you can't ask what to expect next month ...but normally such low viral load should be undetectable very quick
As melcul said, everyone responds different. You may be in an inactive phase with a low viral load. It may not clear at all and become undetectable at all. Or it may. You won't know until you try.

Also, this is not a medication you just "take for 3 months" to knock out the virus. If you are truly a chronic case, then you will need to take it most likely for the rest of your life or unless you seroconvert.
hbvdna gets und in almost 99% cases, dont remember the numbers at 6 and 12 months but they are very high like about 90% or more

i dont know how many tried high dose vit d3 before starting tdf, my sister had few months of gcmaf and high dose vit d3 (about 10.000-20.000iu daily, vitd25oh>150ng/ml).she got hbvdna 1log in 4 weeks and und less than 10iu/ml  in 6 weeks

so you it would be interesting to make vitd25oh in the 100-150ng/ml range and see if hbvdna gets und so fast
Yes I'm chronic but you think the load is low?  Stef last time said its high even my doc said the same so should I go for viral load test after a month?  I'm starting my medication from today hoping everything turns good for me. I don't have issue taking tablets for life or maybe after 15 years the cure would be here so be happy.

Just as random guess with medication can I say it will drop to 20, 000IU/ml from 35, 935IU/ml? Just thinking if my body reacts properly to medicine is this a feasible number or would it be higher or lower? Please note that it's in International units measurement.

The  reason I'm asking is if after a month it does not drop I can visit my doc for medicines change hoping this reviro is good has anyone taken it?
Help here
I have been  on tenoforvir for 3years,i had itches asy symtoms (symptoms). the itches  didnt stop after medication.after starting tenofovir i started having pain below my ribs.always having flares  last time i checked my alt was 10, my hbeg is negative.i feel i made a mistake  starting medication. My Dr scared me to dead on the disadvantges of not beingbon drugs .now i know better than him
a flare is alt 200-1000, not alt 10

if you have itches this is an immune disfunction which is cleared by getting normal vit d by an expert doctor (not checking vitd25oh alone) and using a good vit d brand with no bad quality oil in the pills

what is your vitd25oh, intact pth, serum calcium.what is your diet?everything you describe is from an unhealthy food quality and not correlated directly with tdf but to other problems with immune system and inflammation

tons of things in the posts about right foods, antioxidants and antinflammatory foods.inches and pains are not correlated to tdf but inflammation with was present before and after tdf more or less, tdf may increase some immune activation which in turn increase inflammation....

vit d3, high epa/dha fish oil, natural vit E, liposomal resveratrol and curcumin all can help if the diet is made of fresh organic foods and no processed foods at all (not one food with chemicals in it)
Does anyone knows what best can be done for med to work best ? I have being taking reviro for 2 weeks no side effects

Does having a bad immune system affects medicine affect  i mean does it work best for people who have good immune system ?
having high levels of norm vitd25oh (about 100ng/ml and low intact pth (about 10pg/ml) ensures max response
So it got nothing to do with immunity?
Any food which i should eat more and what should be less ? White Portion of Eggs ?

Would it help reviro to work better ?

And does immunity really matters a lot in terms of antivirals response ?
And please explain how does other people write there viral load ? As mines is 35935 IU/ml how do i convert it to that number ? Whats the formula ?
Also I'm concerned as HbeAb as the report says Reactive(0.25) and HbeAg Non Reactive(0.41)

And people say HbeAb is very dangerous , I'm concerned since i never had good immunity and there are several decisions based on my viral load going down including marriage being on Reviro for last 15 days I'm thinking of going for Viral Load Test after another 20 days and see whether meds are working or not.
After 6 weeks of medicines i did a HBV test and its

HBV - Hepatitis B Viral load (Quantitative)  ===>    Below 20  IU/mL
Log Value                                                ===>     Not Applicable  

Happy i got the DNA cleaned now i need to maintain health will be visiting my doc after 1.5 month what is the further process after HBV DNA goes down ?
Some new medicines ? SInce my LFT is very good as per doc
Further process? Keep taking this medicine for life or until your body (hopefully) one day clears virus and you build immunity.
there are some studies about stopping antiviral after some time (2 years or more, don't remember) of hbv dna und and have good results, but too early to say more.
5 to 10 years needed and only when hbsag has reached values below 500iu/ml, that s the safest area to stop nucs
Whats the PegIntf you guys talk about ? Would i be needed ?
I visited my doc and as per my doc i just need to do a HBV Viral Load test again in 6 months and LFT after a year.

I asked him whether i should be going HbsAg Quantative as per him the test is useful only when you are on some kind of injections and it tells you whether the injections are responding or not and since I'm taking the tablets its useless for me.
Guys any info on why HbsAg Quantative is not required
No, it's not useless. You will know in which direction your infection goes and when it's worth to add peginf for example, so it's worth to do this once per 6 months if not very expensive. Change doctor :)