Hepatitis B Community
Status Review

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Status Review

Came to know about hbv ( chronic carrier ) 2 days before i leave to USA from india.

24 year Old Male

No Qualitative hbsag in USA. Any idea about labs with Qhbsag in USa  ? Planning to ship blood samples to india.

hbvdna :  3866135 iu/ml (tested first time.)
Scared to see that number. Could anyone explain why this number with normal alt.

eag  : negative
eab : Positive

Alt : 33 (slightly higher than 30 .. 10 days ago it was 45 and I had appendicitis and got it rid of by surgery)
Ast : 25
Other liver enzymes with in range
AFP 2.2

Fibroscan : Scheduling an appointment with Dr Douglas DietRich in mount sinal hospital,New york.

VIt D : 34 ng/ml (8 months ago it was 14 ng/ml started with 50,000 IU/ml per week).

PLTS : 303.

What other tests I could add to know my status further.
Ultrasound ?
HBV Genotype ? (Assuming D as I am from India)

What are the name of the tests to daignoise the following mutations.
Polymerase Mutations ?
Precore Mutations ?
BCP Mutations ?

Drug Resistance ?

Had a laproscopic surgery for my appendix and asked the surgeon about how my liver looked and was told that everything was usual.

USG, Fibroscan/Biopsy . I think you can leave mutations for now...
HBV DNA level and elevated ALT means you should be treated.

Make sure you have proper insurance, so your not in for any surprises.
I just got my hbeag results as positive..

What are the guidelines for eag positive patient to start treatement ?
How come my hbeag became positive after two years ??
Look for AsianMale1985, his treatment profile suits yours. When you came to know, was your HbeAg -? It is highly unlikely to get back to + when you had - (seroconverted).  

Don't stress it out, stress reduce immune strength and you can only fight this virus with immune strength. Sleep early at night, eat lots of fruits n veggies, and exercise 20-30 mins. everyday will get your immune strength in its prime.

Oh and make sure you do Fibroscan twice a year, 6 months apart. Sometimes AFP, ALT and AST can lie to us.
Thank you for your post.

According to AASLD and EASLD , Since my ALT < 2 * ULN, Treatement is not recommended right ? As I am in immune tolerant phase
I'm not a doctor but I think you're in Immune Reactive. Since your medical history was negative and now it's positive (correct me if i'm wrong). You need to check it out with your doctor. I don't think you need treatment, and hold out for as long as possible because 2018 sounds promising.