Hepatitis B Community
Tenofovir/Adefovir and Jaw Bone Loss?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tenofovir/Adefovir and Jaw Bone Loss?

Has anyone on Tenofovir or Adefovir experienced bone loss especially in the jaw?  My dentist said I have general bone loss of my jaw which is usually due to periodontitis, but my oral hygiene is great.  I don't seem to have the classic signs of periodontitis. They are unsure why I have bone loss. I was wondering if it is related to these drugs. Seeking experiences from others on these drugs.
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank

have you checked your vit d blood levels and that you have optium levels prior starting tdf or adv?
all hbv carriers are vit d deficent and this makes bone loss more than tdf and adv, keeping vit25oh to 80-90ng/ml prevents any bone loss due to tdf or d deficency
Blank
I was on Atripla (with Tenofovir) and my hip bone became nearly inoperable. It affected my bones big time. Since then, I was told I had Periodontal Disease, but I don't believe it's a disease. My teeth are spotless. I floss twice daily and brush gently. I never drink soda or candy. I even gave up on alcohol. I think it's an issue of digestion and food quality.

GMOs surfaced in our foods in 1996. Since then, periodontal and 'digestion' issues have expanded, along with Parkinson's, which stems from Paraquat pesticides. How many probiotic ads do you now see? If our digestion is off, we can't properly digest minerals, enzymes & vitamins. Adding to that, our meats are stuffed with antibiotics. Antibiotics kill all bacteria, even the good digestive bacteria.

If you're taking Tenofovir, you should supplement with Calcium Orotate. Orotate is the most bioavailable. I'd also add a probiotic to aid in digestion. There are many types, but I'd go with Garden of Life RAW Probitics because they have a very high potency (80 colony forming units & 12 strains).

Atripla can really do a number on your bones, so definitely use Calcium Orotate. Might not hurt to add Vitamin D3 which aids calcium. Finally, Magnesium Citrate can't hurt... but don't break the bank or pop a million pills. It's just that, between toxic meds and toxic foods, we got a lot of work to do. Dentists and doctors are trained that everything is localized. They think everything is a "disease" when most things are an offshoot of diet and nutrition and can be repaired, reversed and halted.

For the record, I'm speaking from experience. Probiotics, Calcium & D3 has made a big difference.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank