Tenofovir HBV DNA fluctuation
I've been on TDF for over a year, my viral load went down to < 20 IU for the last 9 months.  On my last test, my DNA level was 435 IU.  Is this a fluctuation, or is the medication no longer working?

if i were you (and covered by insurance so free drugs) i d go for etv combo to be in the very safe side, 435iu/ml looks like a huge number after 1 year of tdf and already und

doctors may prefer: recheck in a month and be sure you never missed a pill...
The following article may give you some more information. A confirmation test after 1 month should definitely be carried out.
http://www.natap.org/2011/HBV/050411_01.htm
we have to wait till October here of this year when insurance companies will not be allowed to discriminate us.. And we have a chance to purchase a better insurance.

But on ETV I had DNA fluctuations, one time it was detected 2,000 copies  then a week later I retested and it was undetectable. You are right he has to repeat the test and not to worry. People that work in these labs here are so lo skilled that they make mistakes commonly in what they report sometimes..

But I was told not to freak out if I see HBV DNA on one of the tests detected randomly..
On the larger issue. I am telling you guys we don't need these NUCS..  Interferon treatments of up to 48 weeks.. If not clear HBV wait six months and start over.. That is how they treated in the old days, and it is true and proven method.

Otherwise we are really taking drugs that were not designed for long term use.. and increase our chances with cancer from toxicity.

It is important for people to understand this before they start treatment.
And was that successful? And by successful I didn't mean 100% success, at least 20-30% chance...