Hepatitis B Community
Tenofovir add on to pegasys

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Tenofovir add on to pegasys

hbsag +  
anti hbs neg
hbeag neg
anti hbe +
alt and ast normal since 2005
hbv dna less than 116 copies / ml ( undetectable ) 18 months ago

HBsAg quantitaive from 19 IU/ml to 13.4 IU/ml then 16 IU/ml and then 20.23 IU over last 18 months

Started with
-PEG interferon 180 mcg once weekly  
-Vit D

after 5 inj and ALT 103 which had always been previously normal

After 11 inj ALT 70 and HBsAg 18 IU/ml

Now have taken 15th inj

Should i add on the tenofovir to get quick results ?
As its not that expensive 34 USD per month

Whats zadaxin .... will it help ?
zadaxin might be more helpful than tdf for you, tdf might have been useful few years before pegintf i guess
yea u r right
but zadaxin is costly
combinig it with pegasys makes the cost of living too high

May i ll try this when HBsAg goes below 5 IU/ml
you can try nitazoxanide or simvastatin, both very cheap...since otan results i d try sim first
yea
will try simvastatin
Simvastatin carries almost no side effects
also lowers cholesterol
Long term use is time tested
is hbvdna less than 10iu/ml now at the 15th peg injection?
hbv dna by pcr was done only once almost 18 months ago and was undetectable ...less than 116 copies/ml
had been HBeag Neg and HBe Antibody positive since 2005

An interesting thing to share is that once i tested HBsAg in 2009 by ELISA and turned out to be negative but then i did it from another lab and was positive using CMIA and then kit method was negative twice

But we know gold standard for qualitative is CMIA and for quantitative abbot machine in IU/ml
other machines are obsolete with sensitivity extremely bad and not detecting hbsag mutants, so you may have a mutated hbsag not detectable by the other methods

i asked about hbvdna because if it is high (but probably it is not) tdf might be useful
u mean tdf is useful only when hbv dna is high
reason for different results can be low HBsag
mutations generally occur in actively replicating viruses not the latent sleeping ones
now i m talking about your case, if you still have detactable hbvdna at more than 50-100iu/ml tdf might be useful, if it is und it is not
Just wondering, is it your decision to take Pegasy or your Doc? Before Pegasy, were you on any anti-viral?

You have such a low HBsAg count pre-treatment and undetectable HBV DNA before Pegasy. Also your LFT was normal. That suggest a no treatment rule.

How's the sides?

I just want to get rid of Hep B
So many issues with getting new job
Got job offer from mid east but bec of this i did not go there although pay was 5 times more
I insisted and doctor agreed
This is not a standard treatment option
yea it may not benefit me
what about your S antigen level ?
it seems fluctuating s levels.......u should not stop ifn ......... complementary support medications/eatables may and general workout may help you up to good extend

best of luck  
Don't give up on it. It can still work.

Look at paris2013 result.

I wish you the best of luck.
Its now a challenge for me to get rid of this thing
We must not lose hope
We must fight and challenge the myth of incurability about HBV
I too hope you will clear the virus, you are so close now.
Not sure about the myth. It's there and it's very real. But it should not consume us. It's easier said than done.

It's all up to future medicine and it looks promising. Unfortunately, the early chronically infected cannot get rid of the virus without the help of modern medicine/science. Strong immune system is simply not enough when you are infected at an early age.

Your HBsAg looks good and I do know you are keen to get rid of it for jobs overseas. The IFN treatment is sucking out my energy level. How are you handling it?

running on hope

morale is good
Still running on hope
did not get any lab work
Now had 23rd inj
will repeat ALT and HBsAg IU/ml after 24th inj and then will decide about further PEGasys
What's your vitamin d25oh level.have you tested them during the treatment with peg