Hepatitis B Community
Test Results

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Test Results

Hi can someone help me interpret these blood result for Hep. B. I had a test done and it says Hep. B Core antibody Negative and a Hep. B Surface antibody value of 25.99. This was after 7.5 weeks after one time unprotected vaginal sex. Does this mean I don't have HBV and I am immune? Do I need to test again? Thanks.
Did you take the HEP B vaccination?
How about your HBsAg and anti-HBs?
I think I have taken the vaccination but doesn't the 25.99 for surface antibody indicate I have been vaccinated? I wasn't tested for surface antigen.
You need to test your HBsAg and anti-HBs to know whether or not you are immune.
B Core antibody Negative

means you were never exposed to HepB.

25.99 for surface antibody  likely means you are immune to HepB via vaccination since you are B Core antibody Negative.

Congrats.