Tests Can't be right.....
I tested Hep B Surface antigen positive in january 02. My family Dr had tested me after I was ill back in Novemebr of 2001 with "flu-like" symptoms, and fatigue that persisted for 3-4 months. My ALT was from 190-295.
      He suggested I go to see a G.I. Dr, who then said we would wait until May of this year to do furhter tests, and see if possibly my body had gotten of the virus. He aslo suggested that I tell my employer, as I am a registered nurse, and although he thought that it wasn't likely that I would infect others, as my work area shouldn't cause others to come into contact with my blood or body fluids, I still should tell them. My wife didn't want me to tell them but I said that I was there to help people, not possibly cause them harm, so I told them. My employee health nurse requested  HepB "e" antigen test to determne if I was infectious or not. She said +, then we would have to do something about work.
     On May 14th I went back for testing, and they did another liver enzyme series, along with a repeat HepB surface antigen test, and the HepB "e" antigen test.
     I was called last week and told that my HepB surface antigen test was negative. I immedialty drove to my doctors office to get a copy of the lab report. I was s elated, I told everyone.
     My family dr called today and said that an ammended report had been sent saying I was possibly HepBsAg+. The lab said the e antigen test was +, so the negsative surface antigen test must be wrong. So now what do we do? Is this corret? I am scared, and may loose my job because of this.

scared