The best place for treatment of Hepatitis is India

If anyone can suggest me the best place for treatment of Hepatitis B in India? I have tried hard but could not find a hospital is specialised for such treatment.

on November 25, 2011 I found the presence of Hepatitis B in my body as positive. During that time the level of ALT was 39 u/l and HBS Ag was 1633..0 and my doctor prescribed me to take a vitamin, forgot the name of the drug.

Subsequently, on 27.06.2012 the level of ALT was 50u/l and 1220.0 was the quantity of HBS Ag which was present in my body. Please note that I started taking ENTECAVIR 0.5 mg from that day with fasting condition.

On 17.10.2012 the level of ALT reduced to 43 u/l from 50 u/l. During that time I had been continuing ENTECAVIR.

Finally on 23.03.2013 on the diagnosis the level of ALT increased to 49 u/l from 43 u/l and the quantity of HBS As increased to1605.0.

Please note that I have been taking ENTECAVIR 0.5 mg since last June till today and at all the relevant time HBE Ag remained negative. Additionally, on 27.06.2012 I have had fatty lever Grade II.

Can you please advice me where I am heading to with Hepatitis B in conjunction with Lever??

i am sorry but you can monitor hbv infection by alt tests or hbsag tests where the numbers are not followed by iu/ml

the tests todefine your hbv infection are:
fibroscan
hbsag quantity in iu/ml
hbvdna in iu/ml
hbeag/hbeab
ast/alt

fatty liver is the same or worse than hbv infection so you must get low weight, low bmi 21-24 and change your diet/excercise.all processed foods which are not fresh must be cancelled from your diet, no foods with chemicals of any kind added, no red meat and no fat.lots of fresh vegetables, fish, coofee

mek your vitd3 blood levels 60-90ng/ml, take fish oil with dha/epa 2-3g
Hi Stefano,

1. I had started vitd3 drops. Did not check my level pre-hand. After 2-3 weeks taking 4000-5000/day, checked and found my total vit d as 37.3 nmol/L (Sufficient is 75-250).

2. I mistakenly bought and started dl-type vit E drops (label said natural). (Brand name: Nature's Bounty). Label says its natural; comes from soybean oil, corn oil, sesame oil, germ oil, lemon oil).

Questions:
1. Many sites advise against overdose of vit d (and e).
To monitor progress etc, how frequent vit-d testing do you suggest?

2. Is the dl type vit E just less effective (50% effective, some say) or is it HARMFUL too? If its just weaker, i can take more of it. I have stopped taking this vit e (dl type) for fear of any bad effects.

3. How good is omega 3 oils (dha+hpa) for hbvers with no apparent liver damage? If its protective, whats the recommended daily dose for me?

4. You have emphasized HDL and glutathione a lot, but i cannot summarize how much i need at this stage. Do I? Also our bodies have problem with glutathione absorption/making useful? So.. how to intake HDL and glutathione and make it useful for body?

(i understand there are people who are much more in need of advice than I am right now, but i just want to remain secure for as long as possible by prevention/caution).

Many many thanks.. again.

avoid tests in nmol/L which are made up just to confuse on ranges, norml range is 50-100ng/ml with max effect on highend of normal

some machines still reporting 30ng/ml as sufficent but for what?boosting immune effect is not seen at 30ng/ml and flu and cancer prevention is seen at 80-100ng/ml.

keep checking both vitd25oh and calcium until you reach higher balance, 5000iu daily wont be sufficent to increase to 80ng/ml

Questions:

this is just terrorism, only look at research made on humans and with big numbers on pubmed, all the rest is trash, you can find all vitamins are toxic just reading online, vitamins, especially d3, ruins drug makers profits so you ll always find lies online
it is easy to make them shut it is not the dose what matters but the blood levels, there is no vit d dose you can even take 600.000iu monthly by injection it all depends on the dose needed for you to reach the normal levels and every patient with chronic diseases has very little response, mine dose for example is 10.000iu daily probably due to past cirrhosis, with 5000iu i dont even keep the level

natural vit E has no problems of toxicity and doses on fatty liver are 800-1200iu daily on human trials, if you dont have fatty liver 200iu is ok

it is protective on general health as for liver, most products on the market are useless because doses are below what human trials used for results.epa+dha 2-3g daily, it must be purified from metals

glutathione only in liposomes from livon labs or by injections, all other forms of glutathione are useless because not absorbed

hdl is just the good cholesterol, you cannot take but only boost its production by a healthy diet.vit d, fish oil and glutathioen all boost hdl levels.if still low you may use vit b5 niacin but better use it as last chance
MY TOTAL PROTEIN- 8.6 GM/DL
ALBUMIN- 4.4 GM/DL
GLOBULIN- 4.2 GM/DL
A/G RATIO-1.0:1
SGOT-32 U/L
SGPT-28 U/L
T-BILIRUBIN-0.67 MG/DL
D-BILIRUBIN-0.28 MG/DL
ALKALINE PHOSPHATE-93 U/L
GAMMA G T-19 U/L
HBEAG - NEGATIVE
ANTI-HBE- POSITIVE
HBV DNA- 118 IU/ML

I AM DIAGNOSIS WITH HBSAG  POSITIVE SINCE THEN I AM DOING 3MONTHS LFT. DOCTOR ADVISED NO NEED OF MEDICATION.LAST WEEK HAVE DONE LFT, TOTAL PROTEIN AND GLOBULIN IS ON THE HIGHER SIDE. PLS ADVISE

take hbsag quantity in iu/ml and fibroscan, all other tests are complementary to these main tests and cannot tell anything about your status
  Once again thanks a lot. So helpful. I will try to incorporate these.
1. So, if I understand correctly, 'dl' type vitamin E is also not too bad, I will just keep quantity a bit high, like 300/day.
2. For glutathione, I will try to look around in Pakistan for the medicines or injections you mentioned. Is there an optimum level to maintain? What dose can achieve that?
3. For fish oil/omega 3, best brand avl include Seven Seas etc. I think it's better to start that, than to have nothing.
3. I use normal dairy yogurt both for taste and coz research says it enhances life.  But off course it has fats. Is it OK for liver?
Thanks.
hi . recently i got info abt  GS-9620 therapy. u hve any idea. thanks for supporting all .its good to hve u in this forum. is GS 9620 will give complete cure for hep b

if you can get a blend of natural vit E it would be best, vit e types are several not just one type, while the synthetic one done in lab is one type only.if you use it for fatty liver you need 800iu daily if not 300iu day is ok

only liposomal type or injection type works, the other forms are not absorbed at all, 1g day can be ok

dha plus epa at least 2-3g and filtered for metals otherwise it is dangerous because of mercury

it is very ok, if you can get bifidus it is even better

http://www.livonlabs.com/cgi-bin/start.cgi/liposome-encapsulated/lypo-spheric-gsh.html

thisis the best brand i know
hi ,

When my husband donated blood we came to know that he is infected with Hep B virus and consulted doc he said us he is a silient carrier no need of medication , these words made me relief i started taking vaccination. but we are un-ware how he got infected. when i browsed came to know it will transfer throught un-procted sex same as HIV. these things i am not able to digest started suspecting my husband, not sure how to handle these situation.
You can get chronic hbv only at childhood or at birth. Adults normally have acute hbv and do not become chronic.
So leave your husband along with your suspicions.  
Hi ,

I'm effected with Hepatitis-B , I'm going to marry in next six months . My question is , Is she infected with the virus even though she was vaccinated against Hepatitis-B , when i did the sex with her
If she still has immunity from the vaccine your hbv is like water to her. To check the immunity test hbsab quantity.
i was recently diagnosed with hepatitis -b
after i donated blood at a camp..
my sgpt is 78 U/L
my sgot is  83 U/L
my hbv dna  quantitative report is
1540 IU/ML  which is 8932 CPS/ML
i am overweight and my liver is fatty .
i am not taking any medicines should i  be ob medicines noe..whats ur opinion ..i am really scared about it kindll help me..\
my e mail id is- shivam.***@****
at the age of 37  dr found out for surgical check up blood  tests found  is infected with hepatitis b,  hbv dna was undetectable lft was normal no medicine given ,even lft sgot increase to 115m/l later  and prescibed vit e  and  till taking up to today i. e19.01.14  my recent hbv dna shows 731iu/ml  and lft normal become normal to sgot 40.
my present age is now 41yrs and in family suggesting to get marry a women and dr adivised me give vaccine hepatitis  to for that women and have safe sex, later 5th month you can  plan go for child
hemanth bangalore india
no problem to  marry
just vacinate your wife if she vacinated then no problem to your children also
Hi Stef,
A very happy new year to you, your parents and sister. Hope you all are doing well.
I am much better than what I used to be around 2 years back. Thanks for your timely intervention and advice.

Here are my latest reports.

Date        hbsag(iu/mL)  hbvdna(iu/ml)  Fibroscan vitd3(ng/ml) SGPT SGOT
16.12.13     17,000            2,150           2.8kpa       67.5          54       32
04.03.13     15,075          12,500           -------          66.2          53       35
20.09.12     20,600          12,900           3.5kpa       38.2          28       38
21.02.12     22,000           6,450            3,6kpa       56.8          38       27
05.09.11     16,000          12,800           4.0kpa         6.2          47       35

So, far I have not started medication. I am still only on vitd3, B-complex and Probiotic (occasionally). Now, my doctor wants to start antiviral sequential therapy because my SGPT is increasing and he has prescribed me Peginterferon alfa 2b.
However, I do not find any problem rather I am much better than what I used to be few years back. Shall I wait further for better medicine to arrive in market or start the medication.
If I need to start medication, shall I start "peginterferon+tenofovir+ezetimibe" or only peginterferon.
first of all going straight for pegintf with hbsag so high is not a good choice, although you can try and see what happens in 24 weeks of treatment and stop it if hbsag doesn t lower to very low (0.5-1log), i think it is not the best choice to start with.if you don t want to rush for treatment id monitor or try sequential starting with tdf

i also dont understand why considering alt for treatment, that s a very old view and not significant, especially because your alt are so low

according to me there are two ways and since you are in india also drug might be cheaper:
pegintf mono and if no hbsag decrease by 12-24 weeks stop, very low chances

tenofovir for 1-3 years to see if hbsag goes down or even if high if peg add on will respond, very high chances

tenofovir plus telbivudine for 1 year and then discontinue telbivudine and add on peg intf
tdf+telb 1 year
tdf+pegintf 1-2years (telbivudine might be kept for 12 weeks together with peg but there is possibility of Peripheral neuropathy so very strict monitoring needed)
peg+telbivudine had 1log decrease of hbsag by after 12 weeks of combo 14% patients developped Peripheral neuropathy instead of 4% when on telbivudine mono
Thanks a lot for your guidance.

I do agree that my ALT is not so high moreover my Finroscan report is perfectly normal and I do not find any problem at present. So, I will rather wait for some more time may me another 3-4 months and depending on the test reports, I will try one of the alternatives (preferably- tenofovir + Peg).
Thanks again.
By the way,  following your advice, I have been taking yugart every day since last 1.5 years and it has helped me a lot.

remember always choose sequential because tdf+peg all at once has almost no improvment in pegintf hbsag response
I am diagnosis with Hepatitis - B +ve and doctor adviced no need of medication for now. Could you please advice how to get out of this?

HAV - igG --> Positive
HAV - IgM --> Negative

Anti HCV   --> Negative
HBs Ag --> Positive
Anti - HBs Ag --> 0.0 MIU/ML

HBe (e Antigen) --> Negative
ANTI - HBe (e AntiBody) --> Positive

HBV Quantitative (Viral Load) --> 164 IU/ml
Nothing to worry at this point of time. Just check your LFT and keep a healthy life style. Avoid any thing like alcohol which can put stress on your lever.
Hi Stef

I want to thank Brij and you for all the support and information you have been providing in these post . I followed the post by brij and visited ILBS and did the testing .

I am 40 years old Male and I was diagonised with HBsag in 1996 with HBV DNA load: 271 iu/ml . However I did not do anything about it till 2011. During 2011 since felt pain on my liver side I started with Herbal medicines . Lately my condition became very worst with lot of pain and bloating stomach . I have stopped all the herbal medication .

I immediately started probiotics yogurt and it worked . I want to thank you and brij for providing this information . I did all the test in the ILBS and below are the results

HBV DNA :3196 iu/ml
Hbsag :944iu/ml
Fibroscan :3.7 kpa with 100% probability
Vit D 25 OH : 16 ng/ml
Alt : 15
Ast : 15
Serum billirubin : 1.0
HBV geno type : Result awaited .

I dont know what needs to be done now . Please help me in understanding what status am I and what treatment should I take .

Finally want to thank for helping so many people with your valuable information .  

definitely vitamin d deficent, you need to take 10.000iu of d3 daily to make vitd25oh around 90-100ng/ml, when this is done you can start pegintf plus simvastatin (like otan did) and get rid of hbv definitely, your very low hbsag allows to get rid of hbv by peginterferon
Thanks Stef for your help  , I will start with 10,000 IU  of  D3 daily and keep you posted about the results . I think it should take me another 3 months to reach there . I went through all the post of Otan ( Simavastatin + Interferon 16 weeks clearance of Hbsag ) . I really appreciate your thought process and the way Otan got rid of HBV. Just one more clarification . I wanted to know if  I need to start Simavastatin earlier then Peginterferon or should I start it along with peginterferon .
Thanks for your suggestion, anyways I am not alcoholic.
But I wanted to know if there is any medicine to cure this from the initial stage?

Thanks in advance.
We will need to know your HBAag quantitative value, Lever Function Test and vit d3 level. If vit d3 level is low, first boot is to around 90-100ng/ml. If your HBSag count is low, there is good probability to clear the virus by using the treatment which stef 2011 has suggested to yibok on Feb 01, 2014 post.
you need to know your hbsag level first and possibly genotype too, only after we have these values we may know if peginterferon will work or not.

simvastatin may just be a little boost to peg but if hbsag levels are higher than 1000iu/ml response is much much lower.in the cases with high hbsag and high hbvdna it is best to start tenofovir first for 3 years and then add on pegintf
Thanks Stef for your reply. I will be getting the results of  Genotyoe on 17th of feb , My Hbsag level as reported on 1st of feb 2014 was 944 iu/ml.Just keeping my fingers crossed . What should be my genotype to have best interferon response.
Hi Stef

I went through the post of Vitamin D associated with HBsag clearance . I could see that many members reported there Hbsag values have been dropped by atleast 1000 iu/ml when the Vit d25Oh was maintained at 100ng/ml . For people with low Hbsag values like 100-1000 iu/ml , can they get rid of virus completely by maintaining the levels of Vit d25OH at 100 ng/ml for three to six months . Probably the answer is NO but just wanted to know your thoughts on this one .

all genotypes are getting more immune control with hbsag less than 1000iu/ml when starting pegintf but only genotype D has most of studies on this

genotype A has the highest intf response in general, with these low hbsag levels much more
no you can clear hbsg or hbv by simply taking vit d, it will improve immune response and help especially peg intf but it can t clear hbv on its own.

vit d refects damage of the immune system so when it goes up without supplements immune system has probably got repaired and so you see hbsag go down.a rise of vit d happens in those clearing by peg and also gcmaf makes a rise of vit d on responders
sorry wrong typing:

no you can't clear hbsg or hbv by simply taking vit d,
Thanks Stef for your response .
Hi Brij

Do you know any other lab in India which gives Hbsag in iu/ml apart from ILBS.and one which render international services. I tried to find but could not locate one.
Thanks for the help
thank you bro I am following you here
DR. LAL Path lab in anywhere in india
CMC vellore and Apollo Hospital in Hyderabad are some which I know. But you check with good path lab in your city, they might be able to get this test done for you by sending the blood sample to where ever it available.
Hi Brij

if Appollo hospital does it . Do Apollo clinic also does the test and post in the result in iu/ml

Thanks & regards
Thank you the for the details. Please find the latest test results as mentioned below.

LFT:

AST (SGOT) --> 23.00 U/L
ALT (SGPT) --> 51.00 U/L
GGTP   --> 25.00  U/L
Alkaline Phosphatase (ALP) --> 90.00 U/L
Bilirubin Total --> 0.80  mg/dL
Bilirubin Direct --> 0.16 mg/dL
Bilirubin InDirect --> 0.64 mg/dL
Total Protein --> 7.90 g/dL
Albumin --> 4.40 g/dL
A:G Ratio --> 1.26

PROTHROMBIN TIME STUDIES:

Mean Normal Prothrombin Time (PT) --> 13.20 Sec
Patient Value --> 14.40 Sec
Prothrombin Ratio (PR) --> 1.09
International Normalized Ratio (INR) --> 1.12

Hepatitis B SURFACE ANTIGEN; HBsAg, SERUM --> >250 IU/mL

HBV DNA QUANTITATIVE --> 44 IU/mL

The DNA Quantitative has been reduced from 164 IU/mL (Nov, 2013) to 44 IU/mL (Mar, 2014).

Please advice.

LFT:

AST (SGOT) --> 23.00 U/L
ALT (SGPT) --> 51.00 U/L
GGTP   --> 25.00  U/L
Bilirubin Total --> 0.80  mg/dL
Bilirubin Direct --> 0.16 mg/dL
Bilirubin InDirect --> 0.64 mg/dL
Total Protein --> 7.90 g/dL
Albumin --> 4.40 g/dL
A:G Ratio --> 1.26

PROTHROMBIN TIME STUDIES:

Patient Value --> 14.40 Sec
Prothrombin Ratio (PR) --> 1.09

HBV DNA QUANTITATIVE --> 44 IU/mL

Please advice.

this is a fraud from the lab, they did not dilute blood sample and so there is no hbsag quantitative.ask for money back or blood dilution to get hbsag quantity

this result is useless
I have got the same kind of report (>250 iu/ml) though earlier i used to get the exact count.  I told my lab that i will not accept this result and asked them to provide the exact count.  then they have taken blood sample and given me the report with exact count.  they also said going forward i will get the report only like >250 Iu/ml if the count is higher than 250.  do not understand what is their problem!!
brij116 and all friends any recommendation of supplement to regain weight and health which are available in India.  
Hi Jrai

what was your weight before the treatment and after the treatment
Weight was 72 - 73 when i started the treatment and now also is around 72-73. Whats worries me is my skin hanging and sometime unable to concentrate or focus. My weight used to around 82 to 85 KG, before i was diagnose.  
Hi Stef and dear friends please help what need to be monitor and advise

Got my report

HBsAg         -     1022.09         IU/mL           NOW
HBsAg         -     >250              IU/ml            Before

HBV DNA     -     <20                IU/mL           NOW
HBV DNA     -     160                IU/mLl          Before

Vit D            -      12.1              ng/ml

Thanks to my dr. i never had a baseline on HBsAg and my Vit D was also very low ( I am taking Calcirol 60,000 IU per Week Now) He should have asked before putting me on peginterferon alfa-2a to have a baseline and check Vit D. I spend almost $2000 on PEG an got nothing out of it. Stef is right we need to educate our self an help others " NOT TO PUT OUR HEALTH AT THE MERCY OF THIS ARROGANT DR".  

FibroScan: I am advise by my Dr. to wait for FibroScan as i was under peginterferon alfa-2a and my reading might not be accurate as i was on peginterferon alfa-2a i am not sure on this as while but i will Wait on this as i did FibroScan before the treatment in Nov 2013.

Now i am on Vit D, TDF and Heptral (Ademetionine) eating healthy food, i am eating well but why am i not getting health.

DR. LAL Path lab  has in Quantitative Test Code S125,  
SRL also has the test but can read only till 1000 not beyond
HSAG Qantitative Test S215
Hi Dr. stef
My Name is Nasir Ahmad living in Afghanistan I knew in 2010 that I have got HBs and continue the treatment at first I was Taking Zuffix tables but it did not work than my doctor recommended Enticavar 0.5m and I took it almost for one year + the DNA of my HBs is not detected now and stopped take Enticavar anymore for now I take daily one Eivan tablet which is vitamin E is that good to continue or do you want to add anything else to take daily? I read somewhere in comments that you have recommended Yugarts for some people is that the common cow yugarts or is it a special type of yugarts for HBs patients? Looking forward hearing you soon
both lamivudine and entecavir after it were wrong, you went to an ignorant not a doctor

tenofovir is now the only drug you can use or peginterferon.tenofovir must be taken for life as all other antivirals, the only way to clear is take antivirals for 3-5years and then add on peginterferon and follow hbsag quantitative in iu/ml

i guess your country doesn t have hbsag quantitative, if so no way to cure hbv but only antivirals for life
I have stopped taking medicine for now Dr.Sanjiv Saigal the liver transplantation professor in Medanta hospital in India. my tests shows Hbs antigen is negative and anti body is positive and the viral load is 20 ul/ml

The problem is that my radiology reports showed that my liver is Grade-I fatty changes I feel very light pain on my right side ribs and for this doctor has recommended Evion vitamin.  what can I use for Grade-I fatty liver to get it recover.  

Yes in Afghanistan we do not have PCR or Quantitative check I always go Pakistan or India for my blood checkup every 6 months.

Or the medicine that you write for patients is not available in Afghanistan. recommend me something which I can easily find here for fatty liver.

I Do not drink alcohol neither I smoke. I do not eat read meat. oil and spicy food.
i guess hbvdna<20iu/ml undetected
Yes even the Hepatitis B DNA is not detected.
But taking Enticavar for longer have weaken my liver and its now Grade-I fatty changes so now what you recommend for liver improvement? is Evion the vitamin E enough for should I take something else for Grade - I fatty liver

Thank you so much for your responses tell me about the Yugarts can It help somehow?
Thanks for the info Stef.

I have asked them for the exact value and they did again with free of cost.

(SGOT) --> 23.00 U/L
ALT (SGPT) --> 51.00 U/L
GGTP   --> 25.00  U/L
Bilirubin Total --> 0.80  mg/dL
Bilirubin Direct --> 0.16 mg/dL
Bilirubin InDirect --> 0.64 mg/dL
Total Protein --> 7.90 g/dL
Albumin --> 4.40 g/dL
A:G Ratio --> 1.26

PROTHROMBIN TIME STUDIES:

Patient Value --> 14.40 Sec
Prothrombin Ratio (PR) --> 1.09

Hepatitis B SURFACE ANTIGEN; HBsAg, SERUM --> 112406 IU/mL

HBV DNA QUANTITATIVE --> 44 IU/mL

Please advice.
if test is correct hbsag is extremely high, peginterferon to work needs hbsag<1000iu/ml, you have to wait to reach this value to cure hbv

in the meantime you can wait and monitor or start tenofovir even if hbvdna is very low and antiviral is not stricly required

what is fibroscan value?
does Chinna52 have a chance to  get his/her hbsag to 52000 :(
hi.. I found in lab test hbsag+. iwan to know to cure asp.. and I applied job I kuwaint 4 months back.. they are accppted my resume .pls advice can I work Kuwait... how to reduce positive to Negative.
It's a break through that I am now healed in Hepa B totally non-reactive, I got it though genes. It took me 6 years in taking meds, but I think it will took only 2-3 years in medication, if I did took the medication religiously. Just recently I had my latest result and happy that I'm now cured and I don't feel the depression.  
how did u cure yourself
Hi, we just found that my husband has hepatitis B and the

Hepatitis B surface antigen Rapid Screening Test,serum and the result says provisionally reactive.
Hepatitis B Viral (HBV DNA) Quantitive Real PCR is @94 IU/ml . what does it mean!
Hepatitis B antibody, Serum test  and the result is 0.01

Please reply.
The HBV DNA indicates  your viral load is low. If the HBSag is also low then your try to clear the virus through medication mentioned in the earlier posts.

Please mention your LFT report.

We can also ask Stef for his advice
Hi Stef

Here are my latest reports.

27.08.14     13,903            3,340           ----------       42.0          38       30

There is not much change in my reports. I have yet not started medication but keeping perfectly fine.  Shall I wait for some more time.
vit d is too low, make it at least 100ng/ml and check parathormone too and keep values stable for 6months, then retest
Hello Stef,

I was Hbsag positive diagnosed on apr 2009. I started Homeopathy medicines in agust 2013.

Here are my Hbsag yesterdays test values .

hbsag 18.7 by elisa method.(current test result)
hbsag 17.2 by elisa method (feb-2014)

liver profile:
total bilirubin 1.1
direct bilirubin 0.4
indirect bilirubin 0.7
alp 63
alt  26
sgot 22
total serun protein 7.1
serum albumin 4.7
serum globulin 2.4
albumin/globulin ratio   1.9

HBV DNA <3.8  on 26-08-2013.

However with use of homeopthic medicines i got my weight incresed from 59  to 63 kgs.
Height 5.5
age:27 years.

doctors told me that, there is is no need of medicines at this point of time.
however i am wishing a cure .. is it possible stef?

thanks for ur service to patients.

Hi Stef,

Thanks a lot. I will follow the same.
your hbsag test is trash, elisa must not be used on chronic patients because from prehistory and useless

test in a real lab for hbsag quant in iu/ml by elecsys or architect and check fibroscan too, the tests you shown cnnot define anything about your status
remember parathormone needs to be 10-20pg/ml when vitd25oh 100ng/ml, if pth is higher it means vit d is not reaching cellular receptors and is blocked
Unprotected sex is only one way of transmission, any bodily fluid can transmit the virus...so don't suspect on your husband, soon.
Anyone aware of any hospital in India where in the interferon treatment is given to patients with low Hbsag .

Thanks for the answers .
Hi Stef
Today I know from the hospital that I m infected Hepatitis B and suggest me to do test  once more and consult the physicain
I have tested   hbsag  Test from dr. Lal Path and value is 32.22 IU/mL
Kindly suggest for further treatment
your hbsag is very low and it may clear itself slowly by immune system, but you need more tests to understand if it is chronic or acute

test the following to have a clear picture:
hbsab
hbcab igm
hbvdna
ast-alt
vitd25oh

if it comes our chronic (hbcab igm negative) you may treat by pegnterferon plus vit d plus simvastatin and hopefully clear it by 24 to 48weeks, chances are very very high with such low hbsg

if acute rest and take vit d, it will clear on its own
Hi Stef..l too have hbsag @34 iu/ml... U had recommended that I take peginterferon + simvastatin . I reached out to my doc and he refused to prescribe medicine. I am diabetic also. The doc says -no need of medicine as its not recommended by Medical associations etc.

My history- detected in nov 13, hbvdna readings over last 1 year are 2300, 600 and 60 iu/ml. Hbsag levels 80 and 34 iu/ml (6monthly). My alt has been 20/25 range.
I am at loss. Please suggest what shall I do?
look for a real doctor or buy pegintf yourself and just have the doctor monitor you
HI pcdmd

Same with me , Iam also trying to find a doctor in India who can start the peg treatment for me for low Hbsag value .

thanks
But it a practice in your country to recommend peg/nuc even when hbv in immune control phase?  Here in india there appears to be orthodoxy that medicines aren't recommended if hbv<2000 for hbeag-ve patients (the category which I belong to)
please do not use words like orthodoxy, this is a word to be used for religion, the right words is "guidlines".... i add for dummies

there are two type of doctors, dumb ignorants who understand nothing about hbv and just apply guidelines.and expert and updated liver specialists who understand everything about hbv and can cure it by personalized treatment (these ones dont need guidelines)

you can cure hbv by peginterferon only when hbsag is very low and in the range less than 1000iu/ml, if you dont you ll never cure hbv but just sell drugs....who does this is not a doctor and does not Hippocratic Oath
and does not apply Hippocratic Oath

there is a good hbv hospital in india curing hbv patients by using pegintf when hbsag is less than 1000iu/ml, just dont remember the name but members posted the names many times
Thanks Stef for that information , I will try to search the name of the hospital in the post . Do you remember if it was ILBS ( institute of liver and bilary science ).

Iam trying very hard to find one who can treat me.  
in the end it is easier you buy it yourself in india or close countires and then have your doctor monitor
the question is , if you buy from the internet some generic tdf from exemple, isnt it possible to buy some counterfeit medicine than can make more harm than good ?
tdf is not necessary if hbvdna low and hbsag less than 100iu/ml, pegintf monotherapy can have higher response in those cases
I did PEG from ILBS Delhi
On orthodoxy part.. my bad. Not really upto the mark on using language.

Here in India, LIV 52 by a ayurveda drug company is also heavily promoted for HBVers. Any view there?
few indian members tried it, one no effect and one worsening...it doens t make sense to look for alternative which 99% dont work, i think the best is take tenofovir for 10-17years and it will be done and for those with low hbsag pegintf mono or add on

when the new drugs will be on the market we will see their price.....since tdf and peg will be probably generic by then
Hi I have not seen you the in forum , hope all well..
Gr8 community guys. Thanks for every one. Especially who is putting their time and efforts in helping others.
I have been diagnosed for hep b in 2011, And my reports are

Date - 3- 12- 2012
HEMAToLOGY

INVESTIGATIONS ---RESULT --- REFERENCE RANGE

Haemoglobin     15.3     Male 12.0-17.0 gm/dl
                Female 12.0-15.0 gm/dl
Total Count     6900   4000 - 11000 cells/cmm

DIFFERENCIAL COUNT

Neutrophils           55%        40-70%
Lymphocytes     37% 20-40%
Eosinophils     03% 1-06%
Monocytes     05% 1-08%
Basophills             00% 0-01%
ESR             02 Male 0-15mm/hrs
         Female 0-20 mm/hrs
RBC-
(Red Blood Cell)    5.38 Male 4.5-6.5mill/cmm
         Female 3.8-5.8mill/cmm
Platelet Count     2.13 1.5-4.5 lakhs/cmm
PCV-( Packed
Cell Volume)     45.5 30-42%
____________________________________________________________
BIOCHEMISTRY

INVESTIGATIONS -------RESULT --------- REFERENCE RANGE

LIVER FUNCTION TEST

Bilirubin Total    0.9 0.0-1.0mg/dl
Bilirubin Direct         0.4 0.0-0.3mg/dl
Bilirubin Indirect         0.5 0.1-1.0mg/dl
SGOT(Ast) 46 15-37 U/L
SGPT(Alt)         29 30-65 U/L
Alkaline Phosphate 77 50-136 U/L
GGT         47 5-85 U/L
Total protein 7.7 6.4-8.2 g/dl
Serum Albumin 4.0 3.4-5.0g/dl
Serum Globulin 3.7 2.0-4.1g/dl
Alb/Glo Ration 1.0 1.0-2.1 Ration

SERIOLOGY

HBsAg POSITIVE

Date 19-11-2014

BIOCHEMISTRY

Serum Creatinine 0.8 0.7 - 1.5 mg/dl

LIVER FUNCTION TEST

Bilirubin Total    1.1 0.0-1.0mg/dl
Bilirubin Indirect         0.7 0.1-1.0mg/dl
SGOT(Ast) 39 15-37 U/L
SGPT(Alt)         79 30-65 U/L
Alkaline Phosphate 68 50-136 U/L
GGT         34 5-85 U/L
Total protein 6.7 6.4-8.2 g/dl
Serum Albumin 3.7 3.4-5.0g/dl
Serum Globulin 3.7 2.0-4.1g/dl
Alb/Glo Ration 1.2 1.0-2.1 Ration

HEMATOLOGY
PROTHROMBIN TIME

Prothrombin time 12.6 12-14 Sec
Mean Normal P 13.5 13.5 Sec
INR Value          1.09 0.8-1.10

Investigation --- Findings ---  Reference Range ---   Method

Hepatitis B Envelope- Positive Negative Rapid EIA
Antibody lg G (serum)

Hepatitis B Envlope Negative Negative Rapid EIA
Antigen (Serum)
________________________________________________________________________________________

Investigation --- Findings ---Reference Range ---   Method

HBV DNA Quant  -- 15129 --Analytical Sensitivity - 3.8 IU/ml    Real time PCR
(Viral Load)     1 IU/ml = 6 copies/ml

Contd...

If I understood correctly, first I have to get 1) Fibroscan 2) Vit d3 3) HBSag quant tests done.

1) HBV DNA Quant  -- 15129 -- what does this represent?  how it is diff from HBsAG?
2) Does that number means anything to worry?
3) My doc is asking to get start Interferon treatment ASAP? Please guide me if that is correct. I know you want to see other reports. I will update after getting the reports.
4) Please let me know if I need to get to know anything else from docs? Any other helpful information available anywhere(like forums etc..) plz let me know.
1) Anybody here know where in bangalore HbsAg Quant test be done?
2) Normally how much time will it take to get Quant results here and
3) How much they charge?

The following info might help south indians...
I was inquiring abt Fibroscan tests, and get to know that only Manipal hospital has it in Bangalore. But they are charging Rs 8400/- as on today. In Hyd AIG it is 3500 /--.
also hbv genotype is needed, when we have those tests we know if peginterferon can have a good response

in any case you need hbsag quant in iu/ml to know if you respond to peg by 12-24 week, if no response you stop peg and go for tenofovir
My fibro reports came as 4.7. I get it done from Hepa scan,Hyd. They charged 5k. AIG(Asian Institute Gastro), Hyd does not have Fibro scanning machine. They have Elastogrpahy(they are asking 3.5k), not sure if it is same as Fibro.

I have visited P.N.Rao(AIG, HYD hepatologist) to get second opinion, he is not recommending Interferon as it will disturb my daily routine(b/c of side effects) and chances of success is less than 30%. He showed the confidence of getting better medicine in near future. He prescribed Tab tenohep 0.5mg/day. He said no for genotype tests, HEP A vaccine.

I felt Hyd is much cheaper in medical dept compare to Bangalore. Fibro Scan costed 4.5k lesser, though both cities have single machine. Consultation charges for specialist including registration Rs 200 -/, where as in B'lore, 150-200 one time hospital registration and 500-600 -/ for specialist consultation.
i was diagnosed.by HVB on 20-10-2014, aftr that doc said to do.some.checkupz 0n(23-10-2014).i.did  my HBsAg(elisa) was 3.350  LFT: Bilirubin total :0.8. bilirubin direct: 0.3 SGOT: 26, SGPT 19, ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE: 80  TOTAL PROTEIN: 7.6, ALBUMIN 4.9, HBeAg:non-Reactive n my DNA  is not detected liver is normal
    TEST AGAIN on 5-01-2015
SGPT:23, SGOT: 30 now plz say wtz my position n wt treatment should i under go sir..
Need help from all community members, please share all the experience like what test and mrdicine given by doc of ilbs delhi.as it will help for those who are living far away from delhi and cannot reach the centre.i heared that ilbs is very good in hbv treatment. Thanks a lot
rply me sir... waiting
those tests are not useful to define infection and possible treatment, you must check more important tests:
fibroscan
hbsag quant in iu/ml
hbvdna in iu/ml
hbv genotype
hbeag/hbeab
Hi friends, Any review about this clinic as they are claiming that they have  treated around 7000 chronic hepatitis B patients so far. I got to know while searching on google.

http://www.drbijuonline.com/index.php

"chronic hepatitis is little more difficult to manage but we shall 100% cure with an average time span of 72 day’s treatment."

"We are not able to guarantee a cure in carrier state as we have 685 uncured HBV carriers till date. But we are hopeful still because of our 7000 and odd cured cases. There are cases cured within 3 days and cured only after 2.6 years. As an average we calculated the duration of treatment as 45 days. That doesn’t mean the cure will be established within 45 days."
Ah ah ahhhhhhhhhhhh

still laughing, i guess they aslo pay the patient for going to the clinic
Looks like they only treat acute HepB patients who were clearing the virus on their own :) :)
I need help friends to know if I can do a quantitative hbsag test in Hyderabad which will give the results In iu/ml.
What do you think about this

http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/cancer-drug-cures-mice-hepatitis-b
Hi everyone.  I too am a chronic B carrier.  After having elevated numbers, doc wants to do a biopsy and instead I've requested to do a fibroscan.  Somehow it seems like asking to do a less invasive procedure is a big request and still I don't have it approved yet.  Since my last post back in January, I've been on a mission to eat cleaner and stay away from all the foods that I'm use to.  I found that it is hard to keep eating healthy and could be expensive.  However, I found a non GMO, certified organic, live whole food company that is relatively inexpensive to eat day to day.  It's all plant base company and their nutrition is highly detoxifying plant blends.  It makes my days easier as far as food and nutrition and helps keep me off red meat and all processed foods and sugars.  Until I get my fibroscan approved, anyone who wants to know about this food company, let me know.  They currently only ship to all US, Canada, and parts of the EU.  Until then I try not to think too much about it, it stresses me out.  But thanks Steff for all your help.
my 3 years old son born feb 8 ,2012 he is found HBV positive when we got hep b test on May 23rd 2015. my wife is chronic carrier of HB. pl. suggest what can be done now?
It's always better to get Fibroscan done.
However, if your readings are constantly elevated, may be getting it vetted through Biopsy will be safer.
Very unfortunate. But nothing to worry much. Just see a good hepatologist for precaution. I have this since birth and approaching 50 and almost normal.

Moreover, in next few years there may be permanent cure available.
Dear All,

MIOT Hospital Chennai is organizing a seminar in Kolkata on 12th of this month on how to reverse lever damage. A full day Seminar, Free consultation and experts will be available. More detail available on  www.miotinternational.com. May be of some help.
Alots of thanks to respected steff and brig and other members for give d brighten way about hepatitis b.....again lots of thanks....always keep touch wid us.
Is vitamin c may b used in hepatitis b???
hi, i was recently diginosed with HEP B +
i am 24 yrs of age.A regular voluntary blood donar for last 6 yrs
i am a student
I visited ILBS in INDIA
My Fibroscan and Ultrasound are normal.
KFT LFT CBC reports are pending.
pls suggest about the hospital and treatment
U r in best hospital. And Dr SK satin is best doctor .please post your all lab result
evil spammers, wish you get some real disease one day
Thanks everyone who's answering all question with lots of patience.

Recently I have gone through health checkup and results came out as i am effected with HBV +ve.

Below are my test results.

1)HBV DNA Quantitative  139 IU/mL  (1 IU/ml = 5.8 copies /mL)

2)Anti HBe 0.01 Index

3)HBeAg  0.27 Index

4)Anti-HCV 0.06  Index

5)Anti-HBc IgM  0.04 Index

6)Anti HBC TOTAL  10.66 Index

7)USG (UltraSound abdomen) normal

8)HBsAg Positive

9)
Serum LIVER FUNCTION TEST
   BILIRUBIN-TOTAL (mod.J Groff)**  1.90 mg/dl
   BILIRUBIN - DIRECT (mod.J Groff) 0.46 mg/dl
   SGOT/ AST  (P5P,IFCC) 27 IU/L
   SGPT/ ALT (P5P,IFCC) 17 IU/L
   ALP (p-NPP,kinetic)* 82 IU/L
   TOTAL PROTEIN (mod.Biuret) 7.4 g/dl
   SERUM ALBUMIN (BCG-dye) 4.6 g/dl
   SERUM GLOBULIN (Calculated) 2.8 g/dl
   ALB/GLOB (A/G) Ratio 1.6

10)Serum VITAMIN D-(25-Hydroxy)*(MCIA)  ng/ml

My doctor asked me to visit after 6 months, told no need of any treatment as of now.

Please help me to understand my status and require any more tests to findout exact status and is that curable or not?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

I am 33 years old male from bangalore working as a software engineer.

Please let me the best doctor who
treats the HBV positive cases
Hi consult Dr.Sarin at ILBS hospital Delhi.
thanks alot jcm60, Will check this weekend if i get appointment there. I am searching for best doctor for first opinion in bangalore itself.
check hbsag quant in iu/ml and fibroscan, most important test to define status, if hbsag is low you have highest chances to clear by pegintf.this said pegintf can have very heavy sides but anyway it is possible to try 12-24 weeks and see how it goes

what s your vitd25oh?
Thanks alot  stef2011

vitd25oh  12.10 ng/ml.

I will get it done these 2 tests in bangalore itself probably tomorrow.

you are extremely deficient, this level is dangerous for general health and not just liver, you better start vitamin d3 10.000iu daily as soon as possible by 6months you may reach optimum levels
stef,

I started  taking CALCIROL 1g sachet with milk once in a week from last 3 weeks.

thats sachet says CHOLECALCIFEROL GRANULES 60,000 IU/gm.

Is this good enough?

HBSAG Quantitive 1183 IU/mL
not it is not good because vitamin d can t be taken weekly, you must get a 10.000iu pill to be used daily
Thanks stef, I will change it to daily pills. HBASG Quantative report has come, it says 1183 IU/mL . So i need to go through treatment instead of waiting 6 months right?
very lucky hbsag is very low, i suggest you get your vitd25oh to high end of normal before starting pegintf, recheck vitd25oh by 1 month supplementation then as soon as vitd25oh and intact pth are ideal i do for pegintf or pegintf+tdf, also recheck hbsag when vitd25oh is around 100ng/ml and intact pth around minimum of normal maybe it ll go less than 1000iu/ml

not sure you ll clear in one shot but you have highest chances to clear
ok thanks stef. I will update the vitd25oh results after 1 month after taking every day 10,000 iu vitamin d capsules.
Today my reports came for vitd 25oh and hbsag quantitative

HBSAG Quantative @CMIA :  2979.25 IU/ml
Vitamin D 25 Hydrox Serum
147 nmol/L

With in 1 month, hbsag quantative  almost trippled.

What this indicates? What are my next steps?
@stef2011,

HBSAG Quantative @CMIA :  2979.25 IU/ml
Vitamin D 25 Hydrox Serum
147 nmol/L

With in 1 month, hbsag quantitive  almost tripled.

Is HBV increasing so fast is common, or im totally in very bad situation?

your vitd25oh is not optimal, use tsts with ng/ml or ask lab for results in ng/ml unit, you need to reach 90-100ng/ml

With in 1 month, hbsag quantative  almost trippled.What this indicates? What are my next steps?

this has very little meaning, in one month there is yet no chance on vit d levels it takes 6months of stable vitd25oh at 90-100ng/ml and at the same time intact pth lowest of normal
keep taking vit d3 at 10.000iu daily and retest vitd25oh and intact pth by 2-3 months from now

what is your hbvdna now?are you thinking of peginterferon treatment or tenofovir?
i just saw your other tests, hbvdna is very low but recheck it to be sure it is still low

i d wait for vitd25oh to get to 100ng/ml and intact pth to go lowest of normal and then think about peginterferon or tdf treatment.vit d needs about 6 months of stable levels at max normal range to have an impact on immune system
hbvdna i didnt test this time , 2 Months back when i tested last time , thats 139 IU/mL.

I am planning to take appointment at ILBS  Delhi next week.

Treatment i am not decided anything yet,  But ready to follow which ever best treatment available as of now in india / USA (If its required i can travel to USA for treatment). But looks ILBS Delhi handling lots of cases now a days in india. Will take opinion from there first.

Thanks stef.
I will recheck hbvdna and will post the results here.
US is the worst place to get hbv treatment, india is much better especially  ILBS Delhi.it will be hard to find a doctor to cure your hbv and not just manage it

best strategy is to try peginterferon for 24 weeks and if no hbsag response just monitor because your low hbvdna does not require antivirals