Hepatitis B Community
The best time for conclusive result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

The best time for conclusive result

I want to test for possible exposure with Hepatitis B, but I don't know what is the best time for doing that?
And also I don't know what kind of test I should do (Antigen, Antibody or both) .
Could anyone please help me?
It has passed 42 days from my event. Is it a good time?
Too check the infection you need hbsag blood test. Hbsag start to appear 4 weeks after exposure.
Thank you for your answer
Does the patient have any certain symptoms during this period (0-42 days after exposure)?
It is individual, can be without symptoms at all.
Dear Rome 70
Excuse me about my successive quesstions.
21 days after my encounter, I found some rashes like mosquito biting on my leg and then my stress level went high and on 24th day I caught constipation and  abdominal pains and on 26th I had a flu and some more rashes on my chest. Skin rashes and flu almost appeared on 36th day and constipation has been better now but not completely.
Do these symptoms related to Hepatitis B?
Thank you so much
You can not diagnose HBV by symptoms, if you are so worried go and get hbsag test it is cheap and available everywhere.