Hepatitis B Community
There is still hope...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

There is still hope...

I am so blessed to know yesterday from my gastro doctor that I got a very good hepa b profile results.
Hbs Ag is reactive

Anti HBc IgG is reactive
Anti HBe is reactive
Anti Hbs is non reactive

Hbe Ag non reactive
Anti HBc Igm non reactive

sgpt (ALT)  18.30 ref value is <34
sgot (AST)  13.60 ref value is <31

as the doctor's diagnosis, yes i was exposed to hepa b virus years ago, bu the good thing is Anti HBc IgG is reactive  that means my body was able to build up first layer of antibodies, after few years time Anti HBe is reactive that means my 2nd layer of antibodies developed well too. My hepa b isnt replicating anymore too, as he said im not infectious. I asked if there was a possibility that I infected my partner, he said NO. So, thats the reason when my boyfriend took medical tests 3 weeks ago, his medical results were good.

However, Anti Hbs is non reactive so, this is the one we will be working on and as the doector advised, it usually takes time to be non reactive  but it will be soon. All i nedd to do to is to streanghten my immune system through proper diet and exercise and healthy lifestyle.

the best thing that he said is that, he can give me clearance that i am healthy and doesnt need to undergo any medication that we can present to new zealand government. to strenghten the documents, he suggested me to take the HBV Dna, which he said isnt really necessary because my ALT and Ast are amazingly good.

I also had my daughter checked and her  and her Hbs Ag is non reactive and Anti HBS is reactive.
That means, the vaccine that she had when she was a baby was able to protect her and eliminate the culprit from her system.

You present HBeAg- HBV with normal ALT/AST.  Because your HBsAg is +, it is a good idea to monitor your HBVDNA.

"My hepa b isnt replicating anymore too, as he said im not infectious."

--Low.

"I asked if there was a possibility that I infected my partner, he said NO."

--If he has +HBsAB.
happy to hear that=)