This supplement is popular at Indonesia
Hi all,

This supplement is popular among the chronics Hepatitis B in Indonesia.
Does anyone has any idea on research conducted on Extract siccum (fructus schizandrae / Schisandra chinensis) ?
The supplement box said it has won award
GOLD MEDAL of 35th Brussel, Eureka Research and Industrial Innovations 1986.

I am a bit skeptic about this, My doctor at Hongkong gave me Essentiale Forte. But it is not available in Indonesia

What supplement would you use?
Steff would you mind sharing what do you use and dosage?
I found and image of your regimen but i was unable to decipher the writing or understand the abbreviation used like
NAC, NTZ

Thank you,
regards,
joie

i am very different from you as regards hbv status and liver damage since i am regressing cirrhosis...due to the clever doctors we often talk about here.the main mistake in my case, like in many many others here, was not using fibroscan monitoring and just looming at blood tests

we do share fatty liver, or exactly we shared:
NAC is an antioxidant
NTZ is nitazoxanide, brand name alinia

essential forte is rubbish and fructus schizandrae / Schisandra chinensis) never heard of it.....the only products with trials and proven efficacy are hepatitistechnologies products, but all of these products are not needed in your case

for fatty liver you need:
diet, like the one you found in the post "update on my fatty liver"
excercise
losing weight(optimum bmi 23-24) and weist less than 90cm

this is for general health, not only fatty liver, because fatty liver may lead also to diabetes, heart disease and so on...all share the same base

after the biopsy result it will be possible to say all above, in the biopsy it is also possible to stain the antigens and cccdna, maybe they can get it in indonesia although all studies are done on blood quantity and it will be difficult to find comparison
So you seems to take alot of pills during one day
There's some writing I cant read in your diet, would you mind clarify

GLUTANONE LIPOSORI ?
SELENSO ?
ZINCO ?
THE VERDE ?

what does NAC stands for ?

check the ingredients on hepatitistechnologies products and add 5000-10000iu vitamin d, vitamin d is a must and levels must be >50ng/ml.test your vit d 25oh if you have fatty liver it is probably lower

vitamin E but only the natural one which is a mix of vitamin e substances

liposomal vitamin c, glutathione

green tea

zinc and nac are in heptech products

nac acetylcisteine

bitter melon tea was also a big help
So should i take vitamin D or D3 to boost the Vit D 25oh ?
I doubt I have ever seen such blood test in my country, but may be because I didnot pay attention to it.

d3 only.i am using puritans vitd3 5000iu per pill
The essentiale Forte contain phosphatidylcholine
This is not PPC isnt it ?

The one that is from hepatitis technologies is Polyenylphosphatidylcholine

the word "Polyenyl" does make a huge different does it ?

heptech uses the best available with real standardized quantities since they have a chemical researcher prepeare them since they use these same products on the trials

they are also getting approval from FDA as cirrhosis treatment and i believe they got it, trials ended in june and results will be presented at int'l liver congress 2011 in US

thsi is a product made by resarcher, not pharma involved, and the first with trials so quality and amount of active ingredients is the max.other producers use non standardized, lower quant ingredients and lower quality to gain more money and so you can easily understand why they never made trials to get approval as treatment

natural supplements must be standardized, it mean same quant of active ingredients in the pills, otherwise it is impossible to tell if it is curing

PPC is also the 90% purity with no alcool, i guess you might find 1% or less alcool in them.the problem is PPC can only be extracted by alcool but alcool makes damage to liver, so purity and low alccol are a must in PCC
i dont thin essential forte uses PCC or PCC 90 with no alcool
If found this, taken somewhere from HepatitisResearcher comment

that says PPC is not effective  for chronic Hepatitis B?
What do you think steff?

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/8780/PPC-study-as-adjunct-to-SOC

nothing is effective on hbv except interferon on very few, entry inhibitors still on study.all the rest are cures for damaged liver

PPC helps regress liver damage, helps macrophages activity...but hbsag suppresses that at the same time so on us probably almost no effect, helps absorb supplements, helps stomach tollarate treatments like alinia or antibiotics

studies showed it was able to regress alcoolic cirrhosis

but PPC is not the main substnce active on liver damage, fibroguard ingresdients and vitamin d have much more effect
vitamin d is also antiviral by boosting immune system (it helps activate macrophages)