Too late to stop taking Viread?
I have taken Viread for about 8 weeks treating Hep B but wish to stop it now because of serious side effects that I am having.
I want to know whether I have taken it for too long to stop or I can stop it safely.

0
1. Medical practioners

1
2. Hepathologists

8 weeks is ok to stop unless your hbvdna is already undetactable, try adding nitazoxanide and slowly stop tenofovir

if your liver has no serious damage you risk nothing now
Thank you stef. I think I will just run one or two tests and stop immidiately.

if the sides are on kidneys you must stop it immediately because although rare this side effect means kidneys were already damaged and this drug can make sevre damage

creatinine monitoring is required weekly for the first month and then monthly
what side effects are you experiencing?
Light head, stomach ache, diziness and heat sensation around my chest, arms and legs. I  want to know if it will be safe to stop taking the drug withouth risking 'flare'.
My doctor here is just one way that will not even listen to my complaints.

change doctor, this way of acting is very very bad, you might possibly sue him if you get damage and he doesn t listen and charge him a lot of money....doctors in italy are extremely afraid because we sue them all the time and they lose....so they are extremely caring as they are supposed to do otherwise they should do something else, not doctors...this is also a way of acting like a seller he doesn t care about ur health but just selling the drug

you can still safely stop it and if you are afraid you can use interferon, alinia, vitamin d, simvastatin too
8 weeks is too early to suppress immune response and increase hbsag you can do it or switch to entecavir too
I have stopped taking Viread since Friday and noto taking anything now after 8 weeks. I hope I am not taking too  much risk?
Your symptoms look like Lactic acidosis. You should go see your doctor to make sure you will be fine with that. You are not taking any risks by giving up Viread, the real life threatening risk is Lactic Acidosis.