Hepatitis B Community
Transfer of hbv
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Transfer of hbv

My boyfriend and I were together for 4 years..without knowing that I had hep b. After finding out about my results in April, we have not been on good terms and are now on a break. Of course he got himself tested and he had the vaccine already because its required for school. He's negative but keeps thinking it's possibly a false negative and wants to get himself tested again. During our years of dating, we have had unprotected sex many times...so I would assume since he's negative that he's immune. He keeps thinking that he can still catch the disease even though he's had his vaccine. He's a pretty bad germaphobe ever since the swine flu breakout. Can't even kiss me if i haven't showered after coming home from being at school. His OCD has really almost taken over his life. So now with this he thinks he can't bring himself to have sex or interact with me period. My question is...is the vaccine 100% fool proof? I told him he should just get his antibodies titer & booster if necessary.