Hepatitis B Community
Treating Hep B immune tolerant?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Treating Hep B immune tolerant?

I'm 50 years old, chinese female, recently diagnosed with Hep B.  Further test showed ALT 18 with HB DNA >100,000.  Hepatologist wanted told me i belong to immune tolerant type, which doesn't really need treatment.  But because of my age, he wanted me to start on Baraclude to prevent me from getting fibrosis or cirrhosis.  He also recommended to obtain liver biopsy i'm little hesitant to do so.  Should I start treatment?  Thank you!
Related Discussions

change doctor if he told you to start baraclude while immune tollerant, the most useless of the drugs

the point is there is no treatment that can work for you at all because immune tollerant means no immune response.second hbv makes no liver damage so as long as you are immune tollerant you have no illness

there are two mistakes about this doctor, i think he doesn t understand anything about hbv:
immune tollerant has high replication in the millions, 100000 is low bith as iu/ml or copies/ml
if you don t check fibrosis how can you know you are immune tollerant?biopsy in your case is better but if you don t want to do it also fibroscan can detect fibrosis althou less sensitive than biopsy on very low fibrosis.in any case fibrosca is ok

do not start any tretment until you are 100% sure you are immune tollerant:
check for hbsag quantity by abbott architet in iu/ml, immune tollerants have very high quantity 50000-100000iu/ml or more

hbvdna in the billions iu/ml

no fibrosis

alt lower than 19
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity