Treatment on Truvada
Hi all,

I was born with Hepatitis B and has been living with it for 25 years. After I started working, a doctor refer me to see a specialist and she suggested me taking Truvada to treat my Hep B. I have been taking it for almost a year  now and it's been showing improvements. (Before I started, I have been having infections for awhile). Though, I can't find any result on how people react to Truvada. At times, I felt the doctor has not been completely truthful with me about the drug which is still at it's experimental stage. So I was just wondering if anyone out there had experience or heard anything about this drug.

According to what i have heard, Hep B is not curable or easy to cure.  I also know that if i stop taking it, my infection would flare up. I mean.. it's kinda depressing when I find out I might have to take this drug for a long time and it's very expensive..

My advise after this to people is that, before you start taking any kind of treatment, do a thorough research and see if it's really necessary. I just felt that I am kinda stuck in this now and I could have just taken better care of my body and I will be fine.

Anyway, any kind of feedback would be very helpful. Thanks in advance!

I agree completely. People assume that doctors have all the answers and the best answers. Though they know more about medicine than us in general, they can be awfully wrong too. I don't know if docs keep themselves in touch with all the latest research.

People like us usually have an advantage over patients with most other ailments -- this is not going to kill us right away. We have enough time to educate ourselves and make informed decisions.

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153 is a good place to start.

I guess you would have seen http://www.truvada.com/pdf/fpi.pdf .   Is that where you came across the list of possible side effects?

As to whether this was a good time for you to start meds... it depends on so many things! Please post your lab results right here in this thread (don't start another) and I'm sure someone out here would let you know their thoughts about it.
Don't rush whem doctor says this or that.  If you are still young, just monitor the evolution of the disease.  People will die at old age.