Undetectable hbvdna & disclosure/ethics
Hi, I've got an ethical question of sorts. I'm a lifelong hepb carrier. I've been on baraclude for a couple of years and it's knocked down the hbvdna to undetectable levels. I should double-check, but I believe my other results are:

hbsag -
hbsab -
hbcab +
hbesag -
hbesab -

So things are looking good for me, but I haven't seroconverted. I believe this means that I am not very contagious, but are there any studies that have details on likelihood of infecting others with undetectable viral load?

So here's the ethical dilemma. Having this disease has been very isolating over the last 20 years that I've known about it. I'm getting older and missed most of my prime dating time, in large part over insecurity over having the disease, and at times I have felt so isolated that I have fallen into depression. So I am considering seeing an erotic masseuse to take care of my sexual needs now that I think I am less of a threat to others. I would probably stick to receiving handjobs and performing cunnilingus. Putting aside the ethics of prostitution itself, would it be totally unethical for me to move ahead with this without telling the sex worker about my condition? It seems that my risk of infecting her would be extremely low.

recheck hbsag with new assyas like abbott architect, hbsag siemens, roches hbsag quant because the other old assays are very very poor and cannot detect low level hbsag or mutants, just to know the cause of hbsab still missing

add alinia (nitazoxanide) and simvastatin which are active on hbsag level and will make hbsab appear if you dont have hbsag mutants

as to infecting others the only way is blood now with hbvdna und
Thanks, steff2011, I will follow up on those tests and treatments. I'm due to visit my hepatologist next week.

And thanks for the info about infection via semen. Didn't look too long for more info, but I was able to find this study if anyone else is interested:
http://www.hivandhepatitis.com/2010_conference/croi/docs/0219_2010_a.html