Hepatitis B Community
Urgent hep question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Urgent hep question

I've been feeling like **** since may. I told my doctor I wanted an std test in June, that I wanted to check for everything because I had unprotected sex not to long ago and was worried it was connected. They called me back and told me everything came back negative. Fast forward to last week and I still feel like ****  all the time , so I went for a 6 month checkup to confirm all good and again I asked for everything but I was at a different facility.

Needless to say the results caught me off guard. My hep B surface anti body came back greater than 1000. I understand this usually shows a sign of positive immunity however here's what I'm wondering.

Can you still spread hepatitis b like this through kissing and sexual contact?

Is it possible I may have chronic infection regardless of high anti body result?
Can you have antigen and anti body at same time?

They did not test for the antigen as far as I can tell. Unfortunately this was not even the bad news I received the other day, I only know to look into this because I got a copy of my results.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi, with such levels of antibodies its unlikely that the antigen will be positive. So, you do not have an active infection which can spread. Chronic hepatitis B is a spectrum of disease usually characterised by the presence of detectable hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) in the blood or serum for longer than six months. Regards.