Hepatitis B Community
Vaccine after successful HepB treatment

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Vaccine after successful HepB treatment

I just thought about something.
Since the new treatments like Baraclude, Viread etc.. can reduce the viral load to zero. What if the patient took then a vaccine against Hep B? Would it make him immune? therefore cured? or would it be dangerous?
Tags: HepB, vaccine
Since the new treatments like Baraclude, Viread etc.. can reduce the viral load to zero

viral load to zero is not less infected cells, on hbe negative infected cells increase under these untivirals and immune reposnse lowered.they only block liver damage for the rest they help virus to increase infeced cells and persist.

so vaccine would be zero effect.

if you test hbsag quant it increases when hbvnda und by those antivirals
I am hbe neg. Do i make my condition worse by taking viread? How could the virus infect new cells if it can't use reverse transcriptasee?
Do i make my condition worse by taking viread?

if you have no liver damage, you are young and you have no bcp/precore mutants viread is useless but once you have started it is dangerous to stop it the only way is interferon+tenofovir combo and then slowly discontinue tenofovir.
this has been used by doctors i know when it come out lamivudine was worsening hbv infection this way they stoppped lamivudine on many patents

How could the virus infect new cells if it can't use reverse transcriptasee?

there has been a lot of missinformation to boost use of antivirals using hbvdna as a measure of hbv infection which is totally false and now we know quite well.immune function and clearance of infected cells is shown by hbsag quantification (what a coincidence not available in US but even third world countries have it....).
the virus is integrated in liver cells dna by cccdna which is the virus template and it keeps replicating while liver cells duplicate, this is why stopping hbvdna is totally useless for infection.but if you have severe liver damage that saves ur life because hbv replicatin makes liver damage

if you stop tenofovir all liver cells with cccdna will restart making virions and since there is no immune response because there was no virions produced your cells will be massively destroyed by immune system making a lot of liver damage possible deadly

if you see my posts you understand that the only way out can be interferon+entecavir or tenofovir and even better plus alinia, possible hbsag eradication in more than 30% at 2 years since lamivudine combo already had 30% eradication result
these combos have not been sponsored by drug makers but now there are off label use and several trials around the wrold with this combo.

keep in mind that everything against lifelong use of antivirals is not helped by drug makers and possibly they are trying to slow it because obviuosly there is a very big profit from these thrapies if not clearing infection
Thanks,
I do have a precore mutant.
I certainly would love to avoid interferon. or all treatment.

I'll talk to my hepathologist.

By the way, who are you stefano? You talk like an expert.

I do have a precore mutant.

in this case you have made the best choice, just monitor that tnf makes no sides and keep your vitamin d at 50-60ng/ml at least both for bone density which tnf might lower and general immune strength.check also alinia (nitazoxanide) posts about its off label use

as to interferon it is actually better wait interferon lambda, very mild sides and superior results, it should be about 2 years away from marrket.alinia might be a good combo with tnf in the meantime if you have hbsag quantification in iu/ml available to check if it works on you

By the way, who are you stefano?
i studied and keep studying hbv from a long time for myself and to have the knowledge of chosing best doctors/therapies.there is and there has been too much missinferomation on hbv especially in the 2000-2005 periods with comlitely wrong use of drugs