Aa
A
A
Close
Viread 2 years, is this the side effects?
Hi.

I have a question. I am chronic hbv. I started taking viread in September, 2011. My baseline was hbeag (-), hbsag (+), hbsab (-), hbvdna ~10^7, two time alt and ast. After 6 months viread, my hbvdna, undetectable. normal alt and ast. The rest are the same.

Recently I sometimes develop a mild rash. I may feel a little itching on any part of my body, if I scratch it, it may have a redness and the itching may elevated. I usually control myself not to scratch and after one or two hours the rash disappears.

I checked the web and found out rash is common. Do I need to worry about it?

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/viread-side-effects.html

Common side effects may include:

mild nausea or stomach pain, mild diarrhea;

depression, headache, dizziness, mild weakness;

sleep problems (insomnia);

mild itching or rash; or

changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).

Thanks for your help

Dan

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
check your vit d levels which are deficent 100% if you dont supplement, rush are a sign of immune system disregulation and have nothign to do with tenofovir but to the low vitamin d levels.
deficency of vit d is universal because nobody exposes skin to sun today like centuries ago and low vit d leads to disregulated immune system which can be excess of immune response or deficency of immune response, in hbv carriers is even worst because hbv itself suppress vit d to replicate more, so the doses you have to take depends on the fact you are hbv carrier and 5000 to 10.000iu daily are necessary to reach optimum levels around 80-90ng/ml

vit d and vit k2 while on tdf are also necessary due to bone metabolism
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Viread 2 years, is this the side effects?
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources