Viread 2 years, is this the side effects?
Hi.

I have a question. I am chronic hbv. I started taking viread in September, 2011. My baseline was hbeag (-), hbsag (+), hbsab (-), hbvdna ~10^7, two time alt and ast. After 6 months viread, my hbvdna, undetectable. normal alt and ast. The rest are the same.

Recently I sometimes develop a mild rash. I may feel a little itching on any part of my body, if I scratch it, it may have a redness and the itching may elevated. I usually control myself not to scratch and after one or two hours the rash disappears.

I checked the web and found out rash is common. Do I need to worry about it?

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/viread-side-effects.html

Common side effects may include:

mild nausea or stomach pain, mild diarrhea;

depression, headache, dizziness, mild weakness;

sleep problems (insomnia);

mild itching or rash; or

changes in the shape or location of body fat (especially in your arms, legs, face, neck, breasts, and waist).

Thanks for your help

Dan

check your vit d levels which are deficent 100% if you dont supplement, rush are a sign of immune system disregulation and have nothign to do with tenofovir but to the low vitamin d levels.
deficency of vit d is universal because nobody exposes skin to sun today like centuries ago and low vit d leads to disregulated immune system which can be excess of immune response or deficency of immune response, in hbv carriers is even worst because hbv itself suppress vit d to replicate more, so the doses you have to take depends on the fact you are hbv carrier and 5000 to 10.000iu daily are necessary to reach optimum levels around 80-90ng/ml

vit d and vit k2 while on tdf are also necessary due to bone metabolism