Viread Same As Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate?
I've been reading up on the recent research which showed that Viread is more effective than Hepsera.  It seems both drugs are manufactured by Gilead.  While Hepsera seems to have become a generic, Viread won't go off patent until 2017.  Is that perhaps why Gilead is not reluctant to publicize this latest reserach touting Viread over Hepsera?  

But then I checked the prices and the generic Hepsera is still very expensive:  about $7-8 per pill.  That's $210 per month.  I looked up Viread and is that the same thing as Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate?  There is the generic version of TDF being sold at about $5 per pill.  At $150 per month, that would be cheaper than Hepsera.  But then there is non-generic Viread being sold at $15 per pill, about $450/month.  

Which one should you take if you wanna start antiviral therapy?  I thought the generics were supposed to be much cheaper.  But that doesn't seem to be the case with Hepsera.

as i posted on the oother thread hespera is a failure drug and also trying to make tnf patent since 2017 is not legal 100% because compund is very old they just added fumarate saults to say it is a different thing....

anyway thanks god generic is available from a lot of time and also FDA approved but not for US where gilead patent is still on, the generic is tenvir from cipla that might be bought on canadian/mexican pharmacies

another drug which is very expensive is baraclude (etv) but only in western countries in asia the same product is much much cheaper.the generic version of baraclude (etv) is ready too

hespera (adv) is also dangerous because resistance muattion to this drug are found even naturally, for example i have the rtq215s which leads directly to resistance, i am lucky adv is not used in my country and that resistance tests are made before starting antivirals in hbv specialized hospitals so i saved my life from this terrible danger