Hepatitis B Community
Viread Side Effects?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Viread Side Effects?

Hi all -

Has anyone currently or previously on Viread experienced any side effects from the drug? I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing are side effects from the drug or are a results of liver damage/beginning stages of cirrhosis (assuming cirrhosis). I have been getting what may look like a rash/ pimples/ folliculitis on my scalp and face( mostly on forehead and a bit on my right cheek). What could be causing it. Have gone on numerous acne treatments that my derm suggested to use but had not gone away only masked it or diminished it a bit, but not completely gone away. As far as antibiotics - would it be wise to take them now? Or would it be better to wait until I know for sure that I have cleared the HBV virus since I recently tested negative for the HBSAG test and my viral load was undetected at <20.

Please help - I'm really trying to get rid of this pesky skin problem.

Any suggestion!?
Don't know if you're still having the problem.  I started taking Viread jan 8, 2013 and currently having severe dry skin with dry scalp and acne on face and back.  This might be related to my very low Vit D level.  Did you get yours checked?  Are you taking Vit D3??  
I used to have a few nausea symptons when i first started taking viread in March 2011. But all that stopped when i started taking 5k daily VitD. Would suggest checking ur vit d level and taking a boost if necessary. I also currently take heptech products and this has been more than beneficial
Do you take the triple product from heptech???  I read it's only for Hep C.  no mention of any products for Hep B.
it is nor for hcv or hbv, it is for the liver, it makes no difference whattype of virus, it could be even hepatitis E, G and so on

they labelled for hcv because it is common to have damaged livers by hcv while hbv makes much less damage, it is only about 10 to 20% of hbv infected livers to get damaged livers

the protocol is also good for many many organs, not just the liver, since it acts at cellular level (not organ level), so it is beneficial for all body organs.i have actually started the protocol when having creatinine over normal range maybe due to entecavir or alinia at that time, my kidneys were of course affected by hbv too since hbv can infect kidneys too.fibroguard took creatinine level to less than baseline in a week

i also have a parent using fibroguard after having light brain damage due to a stroke.he could not play cards, remember things anymore, he was constantly confused and very high irritability.his way of acting had no logics in many things and he was using illogic rituality....anyway all gone and he is still using it