Hepatitis B Community
Vit D or D3 ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Vit D or D3 ?

I saw some advises about using Vit D, which form is better D or D3 ? What dosage for kg's of the body ?
Tags: Vit D, D3
vit d alone is not correct, it must be stated which type but anyway only vit d3 is ok because it is the only one natural and the best as results

d2 is synthetic and avoid like plague, it doesn t work as d3 and even lowers d3 inthe body

there exsists no doses, especially for chronic illnesses.anyone responds different and dose must be adjusted according to vitd25oh and intact parathomone results.targets are the vitd3 dose that makes intact pth lowest range of normal which is 10pg/ml for most assays

you can try start with 10.000iu daily and test after 2 months of this
vitd25oh is the level of Vit D in blood ?

"targets are the vitd3 dose that makes intact pth lowest range of normal which is 10pg/ml for most assays"
So after two months test PTH or Vit D level too ? and PTH should not go below 10pg/ml ?

test both and see how they move by 2 months but i dont thing you reach traget levels so fast
vitd25oh goes up and intact pth goes down
got results of the test, Parathamon intact is 27,36 pg/ml (15,00 - 65,00 is ok)
and vit d3 is 23,70 ng/ml so it's insuffiecent a bit (30-100 ng/ml is ok)
So you suggest to start from 10000 IU per day ? I suppose I may split it into portions ?
Parathamon intact is 27,36 pg/ml (15,00 - 65,00 is ok)

do you eat a lot of calcium rich food?how are calcium levels?

So you suggest to start from 10000 IU per day ?I suppose I may split it into portions ?

all at once, why split?5000iu is good too since your pth is not high.you also have better discontinue all dairies and ca rich food
No idea what are my calcium levels, but I used to eat diaries almost every day, kefir, jogurt, all types of cheese, everything except pure milk, last days I cut it a lot.
So 5000 IU for 2 months and than test ?
If PTH is not high vit D absorbtion should be good ?
Btw, what is the reason exactly to cut calcium rich foods ? Better vit D absorbtion ?

i asked about calcium rich foods because they might be those making pth low but it is best that it is vit d to make it low

So 5000 IU for 2 months and than test ?
yes

Btw, what is the reason exactly to cut calcium rich foods ?
the reason is that increasing vit d will make pth even lower, so if you make vitd25oh 100ng/ml the pth might go undetectable, and this is not good
As I know from recent studies most people with hbv have lower vit d than average.
So high vit D should make some impact on HBV DNA ? Are there any studies or we are just testing this.
So high vit D should make some impact on HBV DNA ?

not only high vit d levels but vit d levels reaching receptors in the tissues, these VDR receptors are blocked so you have to check intact pth to have confirmed the receptors are working (most viruses block vdr, hiv complitely shut down vdr activity for example)
It's quite complex as I see, but I like to learn. So how to confirm by PTH that VDR receptors are working ? It should go low ?
yes because vitd25oh suppresses pth, no way it cannot suppress pth unless the receptors are blocked
I don't get it, so vit D may help to unlock them a bit ?
stef, I just ordered vit D3 (50,000iu) from Biotech. But I am curious why only their vit D3 is water-soluble and others are fat-soluble?
i dont know why others dont develop powder water soluble vit d, maybe it is a patented process
stef, so vit D may unlock a bit VDR receptors ?
it does not unlock it reaches more free receptors because pth will lower at higher doses
got it, thanks
you think it will be enough to take only 5000 IU for 2 months to get some decent increase ? I found here:

"...If you are low (< 30 ng/ml), begin supplementation with Vitamin D3. I have been treating patients for nearly 5 years for low Vitamin D levels and in general it takes about 5000 to 10,000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily for 3 months to get your levels up by 30 to 50 ng/ml."

http://www.lessstresssurgery.com/vitamin-d-may-protect-you-from-post-op-infections/
it is different person to person, you have to start and retest in 2-3 months
btw, should I take some loading dose and then maintain dose ? I saw you recommend it in some posts. My levels 1 week ago were:
PTH intact 27,36 pg/ml, vitd25oh 23,70 ng/ml
no your pth is low already, you need to cut all calcium first, maybe you have too much of it or maybe vit k2 mk7 deficient too and then go with low dose 5000iu daily

cut dairies, increase low calcium water to 2.5l, start vit k2 mk7 200mcg daily and then after 10days of this start d3 5000iu daily.then retest vitd25oh, calcium and pth in a month
what do you think about that article http://gettingstronger.org/2012/11/why-i-dont-take-vitamin-d-supplements/ long discussion there ..
sorry i just read studies, the rest is of almost zero value, please just refer to studies, all studies on vit d can be found on vitamindwiki.com
"then retest vitd25oh, calcium and pth in a month"
calcium you mean total calcium in the blood ? I'm asking because there is a few tests related to calcium
yes serum calcium
it's hard to get water with low calcium. Tap water in my city has 40-100mg/l
Does boiling it removes some calcium ? I drink a lot of coffe and tea.
Does boiling it removes some calcium ?
i dont know, you should gather the vapor and return it into water

high altitude springs have the purest water, tap water is not good to drink because you have all metals from the tubes in it plus fluoride or other chemicals

in italy we have many brands with low calcium they are good for the kidneys in general, sant'anna is 2mg/L but there are so many brands here, i guess most countries have some brnads like these
When you take k2 mk7 200mcg it's just loading dose and after 10 days you go down with k2 or stop it ? And start vit D3 5000IU ?
I'm pretty sure my PTH was down because of calcium, I was eating diaries every day.
natural vit k 2 (which is mk4 and mk7) has no toxicicty so take as much as you want.
i take mk7 200mcg (now finished the bottle) and mk4 45mg.mk7 is better because longer blood halflife, mk4 is better only for hcc prevention on cirrhotic or severe fibrosis
Ok, could you also explain me why take K2 in the context of Vit D3 and PTH ? What causes lowering/increasing what and why we want it ? I know that finall efect should be low PTH and high vit d 25oh.
i explained already, take calcium out of blood and organs where it is needed, bones
we are almost all vit k 2 deficient (processed foods full of chemicals main reason and unbalanced gut bacteria)

if you have natto available in organi shops you may try it, much more vit k2 than pills