VitD level and miR-378 negative assoc With Viral Load in Patients
http://hepatmon.com/?page=article&article_id=28315
full study in the link
Abstract

Background: Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB) is accompanied by inflammation of liver because of infection with Hepatitis B Virus (HBV). Previous studies revealed an inverse association between vitamin D and HBV DNA levels.

Objectives: The current study aimed to investigate the levels of 25 (OH) D3 (the steady form of vitamin D), miR-378 and HBV DNA in the patients with CHB.

Patients and Methods: One hundred and seventy three patients with HBeAg negative CHB were recruited for the study. Plasma levels of HBVDNA and 25 (OH) D3 were quantified. The expression level of miR-378 in plasma was measured by a relative quantitative Real Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (qRT-PCR) assay.

Results: In the pathway regression analysis, the plasma level of 25 (OH) D3 showed a significant inverse correlation with plasma levels of HBV DNA (-0.198, P = 0.008) and direct correlation with miR-378 (0.188, P = 0.013). Similarly plasma level of miR-378 had inverse association with HBV DNA level (-0.177, P = 0.020).

Conclusions: These results suggest that vitamin D could involve in a miRNA- mediated regulatory pathway in control of HBV replication. Further studies are recommended to understand the effects of miR-378 and anti-infective action of vitamin D on Hepatitis B Virus.
Oh..Nice info stef.Looks like it controls only viral replication not HBsAg.
This is amazing stef thank you so much for sharing.  This reaffirms a lot of everything that's been communicated to me including the wealth of knowledge that you contribute to the community.  Thank you so much,  its really nice to have met you here in the forum!!
When I've started d3 supplementation my HBV DNA level was 5600 and after 3 months it was 700. Unfortunatelly I don't have any previous results to prove it wasn't just fluctuations.
What dosage are you using may I ask? Homeopath asked me to start 4000 iu a day.  Do u think this is a good dosage for being 3 points under the low end of normal?