Hepatitis B Community
WHAT DOES HEPATITIS B CORE ANTIBODY TOTAL- REACTIVE MEAN

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

WHAT DOES HEPATITIS B CORE ANTIBODY TOTAL - REACTIVE MEAN.
IS IT CURABLE
It means that you are infected with hbv or you have cleared the virus.
HepB Core Antibody Total = HepB Core IgM Antibody + HepB Core IgG Antibody.

If HepB Core IgG Antibody is reactive, than you are in a chronic state or you had an infection in the past, which was resolved by your immune system.
If HepB Core IgM Antibody is reactive, than you are in an acute state, which is an 95% chance to be cured (IgG must be nonreactive, otherwise you are in chronic active phase).

Test yourself for HBsAg antigen and for HBsAb antibody (Anti-HBs) to view if you're infected or you cleared the virus in the past.

HBsAg negative and HBsAb reactive - means that you cleared the virus.
HBsAg reactive and HBsAb negative - means that you are infected with the virus (in this case HepB Core IgM and IgG tells you if you're in the acute or chronic state).
I contracted HBV from my boyfriend (now ex) and almost dies. I had a very severe acute case, it took over a month, two intivirals together plus prednisone and other meds. I miraculously cleaned the virus immediately before 6 months and also built a robust antibody level. Here are his test results.

Do I understand correctly that he in regard to HBV has not a chronic status? meaning he has has the virus and never cleared it? Is still reactive?

and what about the HCV? I am not as familiar with that, He is not seeing a doctor any loner and is not experiencing symptoms yet or treating the HCV. He is also having unprotected sex with other people and not even telling them in advance.
These are his records.

Please provide your input.