Hepatitis B Community
Was David Bowie's Liver Cancer caused by integrated hbv dna?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Discuss.
Him too died of HBV? Two famious artists in a week died of HBV. So sad & Rip.
where do you see he had hbv?

today you dye of liver cancer because of food quality mainly which makes metabolic diseases
or alcool/drugs most of the time in the biz
Who's the second artist who died of hbv?
I'm just speculating about David Bowie... But if it's not hbv that he died from I say we still have lots of reasons to worry about this deadly liver cancer...
Natalie Cole died of hep c two weeks ago.
He was hidding his disease all the time, we don't knows he had hbv/hcv. Notice that he had rock&roll lifestyle for a long time. No one knows if he hadn't any other diseases which increase cancer risk.
RIP David
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Cole

I don't think it's hep c because on Wikipedia it says, On December 31, 2015, Cole died at the age of 65 at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California, due to congestive heart failure. maybe hep c contributed to it who knows.
Come on guys, He died at the age 65!!  :) Let's chill out. By the time we reach thst age we will have cure ..
Fresh100 that's what i heard on the news.
First it was Natalie Cole dying at age of 65...
David Bowie died at age 69...

It still a relatively young in a western world to die so early...
Plus you sound very optimistic about a cure... Maybe there will be a functional solution... But are they going to remove the integrated hbv dna from the hypocyte dna genome? I doubt they will perfect CRISPR-9 to the level where it will be accurate enough just to edit out the virus segments from the dna... Plus how do you deliver it to every integrated hbv dna cell in the liver when you have trillions of cells there?
The only cure to retrovirus is nano robots... that will be scanning the entire body cells and removing virus stuff from the inside by utilizing crispr9 when perfected without harming the cell. But that technology is 100 years away probably.
anybody in western world is going to face cancer very close around him and this is not from viruses 100% but from gmo, pollution, pesticides in food and processed foods, this is what we have to be very scared of
got wrong word, is facing cancer around him now...

people is dying like flies from cancer even in the countries with the highest life time population and highest centenarios percentages
So I guess we need cure to cancer then... Let's start focusing on medicine for cancer rather than clearing hbv... that way we cover all possible leads to cancer by curing the cancer itself... I hope TARVUDA that has only 25% success rate will be improved in the next generations of it to the 50-60% levels.. Well they can train the immune system to fight all cancerous cells.
heart failure from lung disease
Natalie cole
And David Bowe, had a lung cancer originated and spreed into liver, which was from drug and alcool abuse
yes that kind of people is usually the last to look at, they are even able to make theirself aids/immune system suppressed by their lifestyle
Not from hbv.   Even if it was from hbv, which it wasn't, making to 69, with hbv and then turning into cancer is good/lucky in my view.