Hepatitis B Community
What can i Do

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Viewing 201-202 comments:
Avatar n tn
I got the result of hbsag 460iu/ml. Hbvdna result is waiting. I am surprised of hbsag declined. I'm 3 months off treatment. Any comments is appriciated!
peg just sets immune system response on hbv, in case he works for this the effect is for many many years after therapy is finished

keep checking hbsag and its decline, keep optimum vit d levels.

less than 400iu/ml are very very good levels
i m also happy all sides and effort hasn t gone wasted
keep an eye on cuban vaccine marketing post
Avatar n tn
I asked in laboratory which machine they used for the hbsag, and they told me that not elecyses and not  abott . It's a new one (I don't remember the name know), but they told me that with this machine is more effective than the others (before they used elecesys). Did You hear about this new machine?
it is not important effective or not, you have to use the same machine for all tests otherwise you ll never know

results are very different from machine to machine and can reach very big difference

there is no need for other machines except higher sensibility less than 0.05iu/ml but even in this case not so important because when hbsag gets very low undetectable you get hbsab
Avatar n tn
New machine is higher sensibility, This is what they told me.
Steff I would like to ask You how is possible that during interferon hbsag did not change (750iu/ml), but now (3 months off treatment) is 460iu/ml. the decline is more now than during treatment. I saw a study of Pietro Lampertico about 11 patients hbeag negative treated with nucleostide add-on  interferon. One of themhad the same situation like mine.
when peg works on immune system the potency and decline is more on follow up than during treatment
Avatar n tn
Now I am waiting for hbv dna, fibroscan and other blood test(alt,ast, ggt,etc)
and I will show the doctor who will decide what kind of treatment should I procees.(tenofovir or interferon, or wait)
What do You think Stef?
if possible post the hbsag quant result with method/machine used so we check if it can have very different results from elecsys

i thin cuban vaccine would be best add on
Avatar n tn
The result is 460iu/ ml. Must be < 0.05iu/ ml. The doctor from laboratory told me that the machine is more sensitive than the elecsys, and was sure that my result is 460 iu/ ml
Avatar n tn
Alt 31 iu/ml, Ast 25 iu/ml, cholesterol 180 iu/ml, GGT 39 iu/ml, glucose 71 iu/ml. I think are good result. Waiting for hbv dna
you know the point is not the value, but the decline compared to the previous value, and same machine must be used to know this

now just use the same machine next time and see if it goes down compared to 460iu/ml
Avatar n tn
It was the same machine for the two last hbasg test. Thank you!
So both the 700 value and the 400 value same machine?

you are definitely on the road of clearance, let us know next reading
Avatar n tn
It was the same machine(they told me). Of course i am active in this forum and i will post everything
Congrat Elis,
I send to you a message inbox.
Avatar n tn
I got the hbv DNA result: 75iu/ml. I think  is good one. This week I am going to do fibroscan
Lucky you. excellent
inform us for everything please
send me inbox your health cost please,
thanks
Avatar n tn
I paid for hbv DNA around 150 euro, for hbsag 35 euro and fibroscan 20 euro that's all. Interferon and other blood test are free in hospital.thank you
Really,that's great
thank you
Avatar n tn
What do you think steff about hbv dna 75 iu/ml? Do i need to take tenofivir or just to stay way from treatment? Thank you
i dont think tenofovir is a good choice as long as hbsag keeps declining,i think best choices are immune boosting choices like:
keep vit d3 supplements
another round of peg if decline stops

i dont think such low hbvdna makes a difference
Avatar n tn
Today I got the result of fibroscan 8.7 kpa(F2). I am desperated. Before treatment was  7.5 kpa (F2) and now 8.7 kpa ( is going up). How is possible?
Avatar n tn
is 8.7 kpa F2 or F3?
7.5 to 8.7 is  the same liver what matters is the trend

did you take fibroscan on empty stomach?did you gain weight?ultrasound shows no fatty liver?

that is probably inflammation which is the immune response clearing hbsag, not fibrosis.just recheck it by 6 months and then the trend will tell us what it is
Avatar n tn
I was in empty stomach. I gained 5 kg.
7.5 kpa was before treatment and six month of treatment (2 results). 8.7kpa is 3 months off treatment.i did not do ultrasound only fibroscan.
My blood test are normal (alt 31Iu/ml, Ast 25iu/ml, hbvdna 75iu, hbsag 460 iu). What does it mean inflammation? I thought the inflammation is when alt, ast are high.
Avatar n tn
I did in emty stomach. 7.5 kpa was in before treatment and during treatment. Now 3 months off treatment is 8.7 kpa.
My blood test are :
Alt 31iu/ml
Ast25Iu/ml
Hbv-Dna 75 Iu
Hbsg 460 Iu
I did not do the ultrasound.
What does it mean inflammation? I thought the inflammation  is when the Alt and Ast is high.
What does it mean inflammation?

its the immune response to clear hbsag, dont worry about this fibroscan difference is not relevant.just worry about healthy food and losing some weight if you are 5kg overweight

you may also try maitake supplements together with vit d3 to boost hbsag lowering, puritans.com has very low prices.i used it during peg and off peg but i couldn t tollerate it during pegintf, it made peg sides even worst.now it makes irritability and soem sides so i dont use it
but it is probably only sides on me

i also had liver a little enlarged at the end of peg but it is ok it will get to normal by 1 year

if fibroscan reading is due to fat and fatty liver i guess you can see it fro US
Avatar n tn
I am not overweight. My BMI is 23, height 180cm, weight 75 kg. I am back from the appointment with the doctor. He said that the hbsag 460 iu/ml is a very good number. I ask him about fibroscan 8.7 kpa and he said that he is not sure about the value. I have to repeat hbv dna, hbsag and antihbs after six month. Now I am off treatment. Anny comment?  
Avatar n tn
I am surprised about antihbs. It would be a miracle to happen that.
jsut  eat healthy it might be just inflammatory immune response on the liver to clear hbsag

i d not use antinflammatory foods now (curcumin, resveratrol, omega 3) and see what happens to hbsag by 6 months

Avatar n tn
Hi all! I am just 6 months off treatment and I have a lot of back pain and my eyes are little yellow. My last blood test were in December last year.(Alt 31iu/ml, Ast25Iu/ml Hbv-Dna 75 Iu, Hbsg 460 Iu, fibroscan 8.7 kpa).
What do think guys is that of immune fight or something wrong?
I have to repeat the blood test in June according to my doctor.
Thank You all!
As your eyes are little yellow, you could go to your general doctor and request a blood test for your liver enzymes (ALT etc.), as as to see whether your hepatitis is still OK or it worsened.
Avatar n tn
My recent blood  Alt 29iu, Ast 38 iu
Avatar n tn
Hi guys! My glucose level is 54 (too low).What can cause glucose so low? Is that a problem? The range is 75-100.
Do you have HBV?
Avatar n tn
Yes i have hbv
Your kidneys may not be providing enough sugar through your body. You may need to have your kidneys checked to make sure they are functioning properly
Avatar n tn
Urea was ok
body function on fats when no sugar which is the healthy way to live and avoid cancer

he had kidneys checked because on peg and his hbv is so low it can t do nothing
Avatar n tn
Hello All! Today a friend of mine told me that his brother has Hep B. He told me that his brother took interferon for 7 years. I did not believe him, but was true, because I called him on the phone.
His History was :
from age 7 years old ------- 3 years interferon + lamivudine
after age 10           ------- 4 years pegasus (the end was year 2010)
and from 2010 till now   hbv dna is always negative without medication.
All this happened in Greece.

7 seven years with interferon!!!!!!!

Avatar n tn
Hi All,

My lab results show following thing;

1) HVB-DNA: 5205 IU/mL, 17,749 Copies/mL
2) qHBsAG: 271.78 IU/mL (positive)

What does it mean, is it bad? What is the next step.

Avatar n tn
I am not a doctor, but what I understand from forum  you are lucky to have qHBsAG: 271.78 IU/mL, ( if you are genotype D)
if there are no sides peg has been used 5 years continuous in a chinese study

if you mean 7 years of peg not continous thats normal, that is used in italy too
Avatar n tn
interferon was 7 years  continuous stef.
if it was with response and no sides he ll clear sooner or later, hbsag is probably very low
Viewing 201-202 comments: