Hepatitis B Community
What can i do with my Hepa B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

What can i do with my Hepa B?

Hi, i am 28 yrs old and from the Philippines. I have been diagnosed to be reactive to hbsag since 2008 when doing my medical exam for a job in Australia. I was asked to see an Infectious disease specialist and she ordered me to do a confirmatory test and it was still reactive (value 2.341 no unit). I was also ordered to do HBeAg was it non-reactive with 0.101 value together with liver test;
ALT/SGPT (value :27.00 IU/L      normal value: 5.00-40.00 IU/L),
AST/SGOT (value: 22 IU/L          normal value: 5.00-37-00 IU/L),
Alk Phosphatase (146.00 IU/L     normal value:100-290 IU/L0)

My condition was monitored every six months and the values did not greatly change and she said I was a healthy asymptomatic hepa b carrier and doesn't require treatment. An opportunity to go to Cayman Islands came but while doing my medical requirements I informed  the physician about my case and was told that i need a waiver from my employer but they rejected me...

My latest test results are:

my value      cut-off/ normal value
HBsAg         : reactive             2.321          0.034
Anti-HBs      : non-reactive      1.71IU/L       10.0 IU/L
HBeAg         : non-reactive       0.544           1.0000
ALT/SGPT    :                         24.00 IU/L     5.00-40.00 IU/L
AST/SGOT   :                         21.00 IU/L     5.00-37.00 IU/L
Alk phosphatase:                    150.00IU/L     100.00-290.00 IU/L

I have been reading blogs of people getting recovery from this infection but I dnt know which to follow since I was not advised to take medication, I don't know if my specialist is just not aware of the latest technologies or developments in the treatment for the condition or just getting paranoid of other patients positive outcome. I was wanting to try milk thisle or glutathione, even if it will not clear the virus but will it really lower down the values? or how would I boost my system to built up immunity? I admit that there are terms i've read in this community that i dont understand...I am really looking forward to hear available treatments and additional info on matter would highly appreciated.  Thank you.
Tags: hepa B

you have nothing, you are healthy, the virus is not active and makes no damage to the liver, just live and eat healthy
thank you very much stef2011 .... but is there any possible way that i can lower the values of my hbsag so that it will fall under non-reactive...i really wanna work overseas and this condition always prevent me from doing so...

I am taking vit c and vit e daily....can u suggests what other vits i shold take and the dosage of such? this question might have been answered in some posts which i haven't read yet, i have just joined this group early today and i'm very thankful for it.

to make hbsag  negative you might try 2 or more years of interferon+tenofovir+alinia or interferon+entecavir+alinia

but the philippines doesnt have the blood tests to monitor if hbsag decreases and to see if baseline levels are low enough to have chances on this treatment

those drugs are very expensive and unless your goverment pays for them like in europe you must have really a lot of money

another inexpensive way is trying generic alinia from india which is called nizonide500 for 2-3 years but again you need hbsag quantitative to see if drug works, so i dont see anyway out being in the philippines

you need both hbsag quantitative in iu/ml and hbvdna pcr before making any therapy, vietnam, china, india, japan, korea all have these tests if you can ship blood samples there maybe you can start a try of those therapies

making those therapies without hbsag quant might be a waste of a lot of money since you need years of them
I just want to ask, what hospital conduct the series of test.I'm a filipino also and i want to have the same test that you have.
Thank you

these are routine tests available since 2005, they are getting available everywhere in italy since guidelines indicate to monitor both hbvdna and hbsag

you can have it in vietnam and china in your area

i had my tests since 2008 in New World Laboratory in Taft in front of PGH and my Infectious disease specialist is from Manila Doctors

ask them for abbott architect hbsag quant or roches hbsag quant, if they dont have these machines ask them to send to a lab that can do it
thanks steff