Hepatitis B Community
What do you believe

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

What do you believe

Do you think Big Pharma and Charities really want to cure hep b?
50%
 (2) 
Yes totally they are all really good organizations with highest integrity morals
25%
 (1) 
No! Because if they did someone would have bought the technology from Replicor already and made it happen
25%
 (1) 
No because the economy for selling NUCS is far to vibrant
0%
 (0) 
Other there is a balance needing to be struck in the economical business of science
4 Members voted
I say yes, but not for the reason you gave. I believe the reason will also be for profit. It will probably be something sequently or another combination therapy that will happen, similar to that of the Hep C cure. So someone will probably have to go on a drug like Tenofovir for 6 months before starting a cure drug, which will be costly. Big Pharma will make a lot of money from it, believe me. For the Hep C cure, it's costing an average of $84,000 US Dollars for the 3 month treatment to cure it.
I hear what your saying & it makes sense but I'm struggling to believe that at the moment brother.
I think maybe the "balance" is required
My biggest fear is that they only target the cure towards one Genotype and not all of them.
If they did that I think that would be really cruel!
The biggest issue is they neglect the immune system factor and dont tell you about it.

There is 2 ways to approach this. Raving up the immune system making the body hard for the virus to survive. And 2nd targeting the virus with gene therapy.

All is available btw. Theories and concepts are there. But the focus is not  in this direction.

Prove is Replicor medicine. It is there it cures people.  And yet it cannot be had.

So how can any of these people  can even be called people when they have such poor morals when there are so many people are sick with thus.  
I agree with Luckyman 100%, before Gilead released its Hep C cure I would have been skeptical that big pharma would be interested in cures. But we now see that this cure could be worth over 100 Billion for hep C, that is too much money to pass up a cure for and a Hep. B cure could be worth 500 Billion according to Arrowhead.

As for Replicor they are a private company and do not want to sell until they have reproduced the previous results with third party researchers. The previous results were completed using Replicor controlled researchers and that has made many skeptical. Replicor wants to sell this to big pharma as they don't have the money or desire to bring this to market. They also want to make a ton of money doing it and right now the offers to sell aren't that significant as long as the previous study is being scrutinized.
And how after all you have wrote it you have any respect for these people? These are blood suckers. Damn corporate vampires. Stalling the release of cure to generate a higher bid.

There is a humanitarian crisis with  HBV. There is or.maybe are solutions. And all they think about is money.

Gilead HepC drug last time i checked cost what 1000 usd a pill? Is this a normal society folks that is is allowed. And accepted. ?
This is far from fair or right but the reality is $$$'s rule. Our health is not the priority.

Gilead are offering the Hep C cure in Egypt for $2000 dollars for everything but the reality is the average person in Egypt would be lucky to earn that in a year so  one sick with Hep C is very screwed. Its very sad the world we live in!