Hepatitis B Community
What is the meaning of HBsAg negative with HBsAb positive and HBsAg neg...

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

What is the meaning of HBsAg negative with HBsAb positive and HBsAg negative with HBsAb negative

My 2 kids take their blood test and there result is different from the other, my daughter has a negative of all of these (HBsAg,HBsAb,HBeAg,HBeAb,HBcAb) and my son's result was positive HBsAb and the rest are negative. What does it means? Please help me. I am worried. thanks a lot.

Did you do a home testing kit? I'm just asking because I would think your dr would be better qualified to answer your questions. We don't have dr's here but  what I found out by browsing is that your son is not at risk for hep B.
Your daughter either hasn't been vaccinated or needs to continue the vaccination series.

A "positive" or "reactive" HBsAb (or anti-HBs) test result indicates that a person has successfully responded to the hepatitis B vaccine or has recovered from an acute hepatitis B infection.  This result means that you are immune to future hepatitis B infection and you are not contagious.
Hope this helps.
Bug
You daughter has no trace of the HepB virus, past or present.  Great news.  Get her vaccinated against the HepB virus so no worries in the future.  You son is immuned to the HepB virus , probably through past vaccination since his  HBcAb is also -  m which is even better news.  Now it could be that your daughter was also vaccinated but she didn't develope the anitbodies.  Sometimes this happens.  Ask her doctors for an additional shot.  Hope this helps.
I am deemed an inactive carrier HBsAb negative, does this mean I still have HBV? I had an acute infection 40 years ago.
1 month back I had Jaundice and found that I was hep B..
but does my test shows..

HBSAg  -  Negative
HBeAB  -  Positive
HBe Ag  - Negative
HBs Antibody - Non-reactive

what does the above test means, please advice
my sister has hbsag +v. she has hbeag negative but has hbsab positive and her hbv is 150. is she acute hepatitis or chronic hepatitis.  
HI All,
one of  my cusine is having HBSAg-Positve what does it mean and also whethr he is eligible  for marrage. wt are all the symptoms for it.
An inactive carrier of hepatitis B still has the infection but it implies that the virus level is low and the liver enzymes would be normal.  However, the virus and the immune system can become more active in the future and cause the viral level to rise.  If that occurs anti-viral therapy is necessary.  A negative HBsAb implies that you like immunity.  If you are truly an inactive carrier then the surface antigen (HBsAg) will be positive but the HBV DNA level will be low.
Hi, I am Bilat now i am hbsag positive for testing blood how can remove hbsag positive to negative pls..... answer me anyone pls.
dear jamelli ur daughter is safe......
and ur son is suffering from hbs.... plzzzz ur son reports check the doctor.....
Why are you replying to a 6 year old post?