What treatment for Hbsag positive and Hbeag negative?
Hi to all. My wife is pregnant and only 1 month before on a Hbsag test she was positive. Probably she must had got it in her childhood, because her Hbeag is negative.
After that I did the Hbsag test and resulted negative. Which means that the infection has not passed to me.
I had two questions:
1. How can I know if I am vaccinated or not? I don't remember getting vaccinated as a kid. Do I need to be vaccinated now?
2. What is a possible cure for my wife to eliminate the Hbsag positive? Her test results are:
Hbsag - positive
Anti-HBc - positive
Anti-HBe - positive
Hbeag - negative

Thanks to all.

your wife should have very low hbvdna or undetactable to avoide vaccine failure of the baby, the only safe drug is tenofovir (doctors try to push other failed drugs on hbv for pregnant women, do not use lamivudine, telbivudine because there is a very high chance of resistance even when used short periods)

as to hbsag clearance follow the community, there is no cure at the moment, few long term combo therapies clear hbsag but this can be done only long time after pregnancy by interferon plus antivirals.

interferon can have heavy sides effects so it is best when your wife is away from taking care of the baby