Hepatitis B Community
What was my risk ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

What was my risk ?

Thank you ahead of time for answering. Long story short 3 months ago I had unprotected vaginal sex  for 10-15 minutes with a woman of unknown status.  I  got tested for all stds including HIV (3 months after ) but my old dr did not recommend that I test for hep b. My main question is how likely is it that I contacted hep b from this one time exposure? I know that hep c is not efficiently spread via vaginal sex , but would like to know about hep b.  
Ps I am goig to a new dr to request hep testing. But I am goin crazy . Please help

hbv is easy to get if the partner is cronic (chronic) carrier but as an adult hbv is a benigne disease and cleared without damage 95% times

just check but dont worry too much hbv even if cronic (chronic) cannot make any damage, only people not knwoing of beign infected can get to dmaged liver by decades
Depend on the HBV status of your sex partner the risk can go from minimum to maximum.
Theoretically HBV is 100 time more contagious then HIV, but you shoul not worry to much even you got HBV you have 90% chances to eradicate it in 6 months.
So basically the chances that this one partner was a chronic carrier are very low? Is that right ?
Was my comment above correct ? When I saw my dr before my  blood test today he told me that whether they were a chronic carrier or not didnt make a difference In the transmission of it.

Also how common is hep b? How many people are infected??
your doctor is a ignorant if he say that a chronic charier or a non infected person are the same from teh contagius poit of view.

How common is hep B ?
- if we speak about chronic, it depend on the country from 3% to 15% (4-500 millions)
I just want to make sure I am understanding correctly...1) most people with hep b do not have chronic hep b

2) someone who has hep b but I not chronic will not spread hep b as easily?

Is that correct?
By the way I'm Im america how common I hep b I'n USA ?