Hepatitis B Community
When to stop Baraclude?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

When to stop Baraclude?

I've been taking Entecavir Baraclude for 10 months now and I can say that it is effective as it greatly decrease my viral load last May was 1,057 IU/ml or 6,152 copies/ml and my HBsag Quantification 3663. My SGPT is 16.

How do I know that I need to stop taking baraclude
your hbsag is unknown, that number is meaningless, it has no unit

your hbvdna is not even undetectable, entecavir did not work.tenofovir is more potent

entecavir is to take for life, it does not cure hbv because hbvdna undetectable doe snot mean you have no virus, you  are full of virus anyway in the liver until hbsag is detactable

you have to look for architect or elecsys to test hbsag in iu/ml
I stop taking ETV after viral load was undetectable for more than 6 months. I took them for about 18 months. Also, my e-antigen sero-convert to negative during treatment.

After stopping, my viral load came back. So Stef is right, ETV is to be taken for life. Unless add-on to IFN.

Are you E-Antigen positive or negative?

I have been taking entecavir since 2008, for the past 2 years since my viral load has been undetected I have decide on my own to reduce my intake of entecavir Baraclude to half a tablet every other day ( My doctor told me I must take till the end of my life), so far I am doing ok, though I never tell the doctor that I have reduced the intake. I hope one day I can completely omit it.
you are crazy, hbv is not hbvdna you are full of virus anyway even if hbvdna is undetectable, if you have no clue of the disease or the drugs you take you better quit treatments

you must take full dose or stop immediately because you just creating mutated virus which could be not stopped from making cancer or cirrhosis

entecavir is not a drug against hbv, it is a drug to keep your liver safe from cirrhosis and cancer, it has nothing to do with the virus, this is why you must take for life, it does not cure hbv
Dear Stef2011,

You said ''entecavir is not a drug against hbv, it is a drug to keep your liver safe from cirrhosis and cancer, it has nothing to do with the virus, this is why you must take for life, it does not cure hbv''.

My question is that if Tenefovir has anything to do with the virus?

Actully, what is the main difference between Tenefovir and Entecavir?

I have been doing my blood test and ultra sound regularly as directed by my doctor, so far all ok. Another reason why I want to quit entecavir is because this drug has given me terrible heart burn and raynauld syndrom (syndrome) since taking it. I am now looking towards some herbal treatment as a substitite.
Thank you. Now I have some ideas about stopping or taking it.
My hbsag is 3663 IU/ML and I have yet to take another lab test soon to know its progress.
Thank you.

I haven't check if im e antigen postive or negative. I know that being negative is being a healthy carrier but as I have observed with my hbvdna and hbsag quantitative with low numbers and normal SGPT I think i may be negative. Am  I too positive? ^_^
I hope we'll all gonna get well my friend.
I will have my blood test and ultra sound in early Feb and will keep posting on my condition.
My blood test and my ultrasound test went well, doctor told me my liver is better now, but I still take entecavir half a tablet every other day. My next checkup will be this coming December...blood test, ultrasound and fibroscan. Will keep posting on my condition