Hepatitis B Community
When to stop Interferon

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

When to stop Interferon

I heard that rule for stopping interferon is
a) No drop in HBsag after 12 weeks in HBeag + patients
or b) No drop in HBsag after 24 weeks in HBeag negative patients ...... is that right ?

If right then people who have HBeag negative and anti HBe abs positive, which group are they going to fall into. bec to develop HBeag Abs u need to have Hbeag at some time and then u get e antigen seroconverted
There are several stopping rules for Interferon treatment. It is very much an evolving act, so I would recommend you to do your research carefully. Yes, the rules depend on your HBeAg status at the time when you commence treatment.