Hepatitis B Community
Where can i get HbsAg quanti.test in india

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello Everyone,

I hve been diagnosed as healthy hepB carrier .my LFT are with in normal range and e antigen is negative. Since diagnosed i am following the forum for learning about the disease. I want to quantify my HbsAg for better further guidence by the community.I lived in hyderabad, india. i inquired in many labs here and it was sad that no one is aware of this test here. So please  infom me any one knows any lab doing the test in hyderabad,india.Please..pleaase...big help. thank you
0%
 (0) 
123
0%
 (0) 
321
0 Members voted
1) Hitech Labs , Chennai  - http://www.hitechlabsindia.com/

This lab has got branches all over Tamilnadu

2) lalpath labs -    http://www.lalpathlabs.com/
This lab has got branches allover India including Hyderabad . Test code test for HbsAg Quantitative - S056  . This is very Important , tell them you need HbsAg Quant with Dilution . Ask them to send the blood samples to Gurgaon . Customer Care no 011-39885050. Call customer care an tell them clearly before you give the blood samples
Dear Smile_boy,
          Thank you so much for your kind information.. I will get back here after done with the test..  Thanks again...

Today i got my HbsAg quantitative test result.. It is 250.00 iu/ml.(reference range-- = 0.05 is reactive) They mentioned it as CMIA test and i dont konw wether it is  the right test they did.Please clarify me with this.And i am giving here all my test resaults .Please look into them and guide with your valuablr suggestions...

HbsAg (ELISA)- Positive
        HbsAb            -Negative
        HbeAg      -Negative
        HbeAb      -Positive
        Anri-HCV  -- positive
        Retriviral (spot) -- Nrgative
       HBV DNA  ---   102571 copies per ml
       HbsAg quantitative  --- 250.00 iu/ml

Please clarify me with the results and i am un aware about what is Anti HCV test and Retroviral spot test.Am i acute or chronic ? Is it posible to seroconvert my HbsAg positive to negative?  Big big help
Thanks and regards
  And my LFT are all with in normaql range and i did not went for fibroscan till now..

the lab made the test correct but didn t make diluition, you have to clearly ask for diluition, these are very lazy stupid guys and i saw this happen to me too in italy years ago

ask money back or hbsag quantitative in iu/ml with diluition

the machine can count hbsag only until 250iu/ml then the tech has to make dilution of the blood sample manually (very stupid task...) so machine can read the actual quantity of hbsag.values are usually 1.000-20.000iu/ml on hbeag negative and much higher on hbeag pos, so as you can see machine will need manual dilution for all the samples because hbsag at 250iu/ml is never found on cronic (chronic), at that low level hbv is almost cleared
Hope u had taken those tests in lalpath labs. Send a mail /call the customer care . Ask them to redo the test or refund the money.  Clearly specify the that you need HbsAg Quantitative with Dilution.

Test code test for HbsAg Quantitative is S056  . Ask for refund . Actually they should refund.