Will an HBV DNA Testing Necessary?
Hi!

My husband was first tested with HBsAg and his result was REACTIVE.  He was then advised to undergo test for Hepa B profile and it came out that he is NON-INFECTIOUS.  He was referred to a Dr. in Gastro, and the Doctor require him to undergo HBV DNA Testing.  My question is, would there still need to have this HBV DNA test when in fact he is NON-INFECTIOUS?  And is there such a thing as NON-INFECTIOUS CHRONIC HEPA B?

Thanks!
there is no such thing as non-infectious. but what they mean is the level of infectivity is low sinc he may be considered a healthy carrier. if he is postive to hbv then he is somewhat infectious.

yes, DNA test is very important in determining the level of activity of the virus so yes his doctor is right.

also when you reply to this post, please list all of his hepB profile results so that someone here can understand them better

good luck